SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    The View & the Waiting Room
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The View & the Waiting Room Login/Join 
posted
I had a major eye surgery in Little Rock yesterday. My vision is a blur, but it's not keeping me off SigForum. Smile

While I was waiting to be taken back, the ubiquitous waiting room TV was blaring, and "The View" came on. I got mad. Sick to my stomach. Angry. It was like someone was pushing in with all their might on either side of my head.

Within 2-3 minutes, the "entitled B&*%#@$" were already insulting, slagging, and demeaning the president. I could feel my BP go up, which was bad before surgery, and I went to the front desk. I told the lady that I would be standing outside when my name was called. She said, "Honey, it's 35 degrees out there. Why would you be standing outside?" I pointed to the TV and said, "I can't watch this."

She got up, went over, and turned the TV off! She said, "We don't like it, either. You stay in here and stay warm."

WINNING!

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gee. Daytime TV is great. Surprised you did not have a major heart attack. I have frequently asked for the station to be changed. The staff are happy to comply. Just don't change the channel in a bar without asking.LOL

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I keep a universal remote app on my phone. Works great.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
HGTV, DIY, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Hallmark; those should be the only things on in common area waiting rooms. Roll Eyes

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2BobTanner:
HGTV, DIY, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Hallmark; those should be the only things on in common area waiting rooms. Roll Eyes
I like "OFF," too.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Let me say afternoon tv in waiting rooms is no better. Even more worthless hosts but I'm convinced it's the same audience in all these shows, hooting and screeching women, their responses as predictable as the rising sun. And yep, bad enough to bump up the BP. If I know I've got a wait, I've headed to the hall and checked back to see if my appointment is close. Of course, that's its own stresser.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Thinking most people who are able to watch TV during the daytime don't have jobs, so...

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I’ve been retired 4 years and haven’t watched a minute of daytime TV in that time. I’d rather go down to my workshop and drill a hole in my hand and then hit it with a hammer.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Allot of these shows are getting better fairings because of the hate ...
Makes ppl talk about them.
Even bad press is good press.
Most of the anti trump would drift into oblivion if it weren't for the attention it gets.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post