SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    First World Problems
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

First World Problems Login/Join 
Picture of dlc444
posted
Not to sound like Andy Rooney, but...

You know what drives me nuts?

Every morning I fix my coffee in a French Press. By the time I finish my first cup, the coffee has cooled, so I top off the cup and pop it in the microwave.

Now my microwave has a "quick 30" button and a "quick minute" button. What gets my goat is that after the 30 seconds or one minute, the cup handle has rotated to the inside of the oven somewhere. Why can't they make these things to do an exact full turn every 15 seconds so at the end of 30 seconds, one minute, etc, the handle is easily accessible?

-.---.----.. -.---.----.. -.---.----..
It seems to me that any law that is not enforced and can't be enforced weakens all other laws.

Posts: 4357 | Location: Tampa | Registered: August 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
My microwave completes one rotation every 10 seconds on the dot and every 10 seconds thereafter. I time handled cup heating accordingly.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
When I make my press, and I make a big one, I usually fill a large yeti tumbler right out of the gates, then I pour my cup of coffee from the press.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9683 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe.... just maybe, alter the start position of the handle so it is located in an accessible position at the end of rotation.

Just my $0.02.

Andrew

Duty is the sublimest word in the English Language - Gen Robert E Lee.

Posts: 862 | Registered: May 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
What El Cid said.

I have a labeling machine for my business, it applies labels from a large roll, wraps them around a bottle.

I use half-gallon plastic jugs, kind of like a Clorox bottle, with a handle. I figured out how to place the bottle on the labeling machine so that the front of the label shows when the handle is at the three o'clock position to be correct for the 90% of the population who are right-handed).

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30644 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post

I salute you, Sir! That is absolutely the Firstest of First World Problems! Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I, also, place things in the microwave so that when it ends it will be where I can easily remove it. But yes, first world problem. It's all relative anyways.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I tried a French press years back. It took to much time & fiddling.

I usually just add some instant to my Keurig brew.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
My new TV is too big for my current living room setup. When I sit on the couch, I have to turn my head during a movie to take in the whole scene. Mad

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I also salute you on the firstest of first world problems.
Mine was only that my television remote buttons were spaced so that I couldn't hit the volume buttons and the power without shifting my grip but you got me beat.
Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
I also salute you on the firstest of first world problems.
Mine was only that my television remote buttons were spaced so that I couldn't hit the volume buttons and the power without shifting my grip but you got me beat.
Wink

I have the opposite problem: I have to look through the bottom lens of my bifocals and concentrate to mash only one button at a time. And it's shaped bass ackwards. Wide and fat on the bottom and narrow and skinny on the top (much like...ummmm...nemmind Eek ). If I pick it up without looking, I'm holding it upside down every. single. time.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
All these hundreds won't fit in my wallet.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
My microwave completes one rotation every 10 seconds on the dot and every 10 seconds thereafter. I time handled cup heating accordingly.

same. Im always slightly satisfied with myself for picking the time to get it lined up with the door and my waiting hand.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post