SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Hellions, so many hellions
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hellions, so many hellions Login/Join 
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted
Single, mid-thirties, owned this too-large-for-one-guy home in a nice quiet neighborhood for 5 years now. It continues to grow less quiet - a family with a bunch of kids moved in on one side of me a couple years back, and today my new neighbours on the other side moved in with a few hellions of their own.

Sigh, time to sell and move out to the country.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Peace and quiet get further away every year.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I’m 4 miles out. No hellions. They’re replaced by barking dogs.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
Even here out in the country the assholes are able to ruin the peace and quite. I think they get lost..

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Middle of nowhere invites trash with their goddammed straight piped motorcycles and open exhaust diesel 4X4 pickup trucks.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Don't move here. We've got it all. Hellions, open exhaust diesels, straight piped motorcycles, barking dogs, dirt bikes, loud music, etc.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All of the above with the addition of airplanes!

BEST thing I EVER spent money on was PGT impact windows with 7/16" thick glass and impact doors that seal well and R30 blown in insulation in the attic. It doesn't matter what's going on outside, I don't hear it inside my house. It's was worth every single penny.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Middle of nowhere invites trash with their goddammed straight piped motorcycles and open exhaust diesel 4X4 pickup trucks.

Absolutely true. I can confirm this because I live in the middle of nowhere.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting to get a ticket because my truck does not have a loud exhaust.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Damn. You guys make me feel better!

I get the occasional inconsiderate asswipe that rides his jake brake all the way down the hill at oh-dark-thirty and once in a while a micro-penis on a Harley, but by-and-large, it's pretty quiet around here.

Of course, I'm about 1/2 deaf too, so there's that.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I'm here in the middle of no where in the treacherous mountain of Jawja.

We have the nice spring weekend dirtbags on their motorcycles trying to see how loud they can be or how fast they can drive the winding mountain roads.
The the blare of sirens to drag their asses off the side of the mountain.

Top it off with the hillbilly meth heads.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:

That, we got. And cheap heroin. Actually have a needle problem in our little village.

Wife and I walk 2 miles every day as long as it's not raining or below 20°. We have 15-ish miles of secondary roads we "patrol" and pick up returnables as something to do while walking. Lately, we routinely find 2 or 3 syringes, needles intact just laying along the side of the road.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
SC, the methhead are what make those cycles go vroom though. We wouldnt have one without the other, trust me. Sure, I want me a cycle, but since I work the hours I work, itll be purely 9 am weekend off ridings, so I figure thats not worth it yet. Still need a house first.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I'm here in the middle of no where in the treacherous mountain of Jawja.

We have the nice spring weekend dirtbags on their motorcycles trying to see how loud they can be or how fast they can drive the winding mountain roads.
The the blare of sirens to drag their asses off the side of the mountain.

And those banjos!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Define "hellion." Are they just, for example, playing outside noisily, or actually misbehaving? I'll take kids playing over loud car/motorcycle exhausts (I've got one of those jerkoffs across the street) or loud music with thumping speakers any time.

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
Damn, even the middle of nowhere is somewhere nowadays, by all your replies.

Hellion - normal kids screaming is bad enough. That high pitched, ear piercing noise and the incessant crying is FAR worse than loud internal combustion engine. Far, far worse. Vehicles drive by for a second - kids scream for hours.

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post