SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Anti-Rant, Japanese Kit-Kats
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti-Rant, Japanese Kit-Kats Login/Join 
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted
Dark Chocolate, not bad
Strawberry, pretty good
Raspberry, oh yes!
Green Tea, Exquisite!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I work next door to a Super H Mart.

Shall I taunt you about all the goodies inside?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34105 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
Dark Chocolate, not bad
Strawberry, pretty good
Raspberry, oh yes!
Green Tea, Exquisite!

You been shopping at H.E.B. Market?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
Yes! I have a stash of the Green Tea for an occasional treat. I generally don't even like Kit-Kats, but that flavor is great.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I understand that custom made, oddly flavored Kit Kats are a thing in Japan.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/art...aka-japan/index.html

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Green Tea, Exquisite!

I've been considering these.

This pushed me over the edge...next shopping trip

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14179 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I developed a mild Pocky addiction on my first trip to Japan. Fortunately it is easy to find here.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Green Tea, Exquisite!

A friend brought some of those back from a trip to Japan. They were quite good, and I'm not usually a fan of KitKats or even most candy in general.

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Guess you missed the Wasabi, Sake, Sweet Potato, Almond, & Kiwi flavors.

Kit Kat sounds a lot like kitto katsu. Japanese for 'good luck' or 'surely you will win'. They are commonly given for luck.

My fave is the Dark Chocolate. Big thanks to Christopher Catling!

Posts: 9138 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Mrs.BurtonRW and I were in Australia a couple of years ago when we ran across the “musk” flavor. Don’t remember exactly if those were Kit-Kats or Tim Tams, but I’m pretty sure they were Kit-Kats.

Apparently, musk is something different down under.

We passed on them anyway.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Japanese Grocercy stores around where I live use to sell all sorts of different flavors, their is nearlly 60 different types of Kit Kats in Japan. Unfortunately for some reason they have stopped importing them recently because I never see them anymore.

When I go to Japan again they have a few stores that have all or most of the flavors, but their are some websites that you can buy online direct from Japan.

Some flavors I really liked was the pudding, pancakes, Sake which is white chocolate with Sake in it, Strawberry Cheese Cake, Green Tea and Chocolate. I only tried about 15 or so and my goal is to try as many as I can if not all of them.

Posts: 966 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
Looks like Amazon carries them.

Posts: 5299 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Green Tea, Caramel, and Strawberry Cheesecake are my favorite Japanese ones.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post