SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Thanks, so much, ATF!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thanks, so much, ATF! Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted
For allowing me to move my own lawfully owned property across state lines as I see fit.

NOT.

Filed a 5320.20 form to take my SBR to a class over a month before the class was scheduled.

The approval was granted on 7/16, according to the guy I talked to in Martinsburg, but, here we are over two weeks past that point and no form in the mail.

Good thing I leave tomorrow morning and have to leave the damn gun behind because our government can't mail some damn paperwork.

Jackasses.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That blows. That’s why I like pistol braces. I want an SBR but I hate the rules.

Posts: 7337 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11048 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
It pisses me off to no end to try and do the right/correct thing and follow all the BS policies/rules of any organization or agency and they drop the ball and or don't even respond.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
The Covid may have a part in this. A lot of .gov employees have been restricted from their offices.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
The Covid may have a part in this. A lot of .gov employees have been restricted from their offices.

Not to mention the USPS and how poor their service has been lately. A Three Day Priority package took a month.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8065 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's most Gov agencies.

I just waited 5 months for a passport renewal. Frown

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have a friend who fixed that problem a few years back.... he rented space at his local gun dealer, bought a insurance bond and then applied as a destructive device manufacturer with the ATf and got the license....I think that cost $150, then he could travel anywhere in the US with his various NFA 'items' some of which he made....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
It's most Gov agencies.
Like the IRS. Roll Eyes Twenty-one weeks to get my refund.

Posts: 9000 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess I'd have just taken it with me. You're not going to run into anybody with a damn clue what a 5320.20 is anyway and anybody that does would know how to call and verify it.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DaBigBR:
I guess I'd have just taken it with me. You're not going to run into anybody with a damn clue what a 5320.20 is anyway and anybody that does would know how to call and verify it.

Yeah, I would have just done that, but having to drive through NY, CT, and MA, I didn't want to leave anything chance.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
It's rampant. I dealt with the FAA recently, whom was my employer for 29 years. He acted like he was doing me a favor for doing his fucking job. I had to restrain myself to keep from calling the facility manager and telling him what a low life POS his employees is. It pisses you off.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10894 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
one of my customers got his Form 4 back on a silence in 180 days,

thankfully the dealer they mailed it to called me and shipped me the form 4....

seems they stuck it in an envelop that went to a dealer in AZ, and I am in VA,,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10409 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To get a replacement SS card for my son I had to deal with the inefficiencies of BOTH the USPS and the local (Allentown, PA) and Phil SS offices.

The Allentown P.O. is literally two blocks from the Allentown SS office, and it took FIVE freaking days for a Certified letter to get from point A to B!

Before I mailed the letter I actually spoke with someone at the Allentown SS office (they were actually working remotely) and asked if I could just drop off the documentation because I work only five blocks away.

“Well no, that’s impossible because of the WuFlu, and besides, we can’t tell you what days of the week the office may be staffed with a person or two that is there to accept and process the received mail.”

On top of that, over the course of my due diligence to figure out exactly what forms and documentation, and who can sign the forms, etc., I received different / conflicting information from FOUR different SS representatives (from two different offices) that I spoke with.

What a cluster-fark! I could not imagine trying to resolve a more complex issue!

Posts: 3462 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In SOME cases you can get a SS replacement card on-line without submitting any documents for those over age 18. It's not for minors. It's only in certain states that share drivers license data with SSA. It's only for replacement cards, not new cards. Also you can't be requesting any changes in name etc. Here is the link with more info: https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02017

Cautions: Make sure the website is .GOV, not .COM. It's always free. There is no charge. Don't click on one of the many SSA scam sites.

Posts: 1041 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
File with ATF as a frequent traveller. You can get a yearly pass

Posts: 17115 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
Why they don't simple send a PDF as they do with the EFile Form 1's is beyond me. Seems anything that makes their operation more efficient is bad.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Why they don't simple send a PDF as they do with the EFile Form 1's is beyond me. Seems anything that makes their operation more efficient is bad.

That is probably the real question. Or why you can't fully electronically file the way you can a F1.

I mean, it's already a fillable pdf file...that you then have to print out and scan and email or fax to them.

Why???

As an aside, the class came and went and I still don't even have the form in hand. For reference, I believe my last E-form 1 was approved and returned to me in less time than I've waited for this 5320.20 to still not get back to me...even though it was approved.

Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we Practice to infringe.

Posts: 15839 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post