SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Tight Belts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tight Belts Login/Join 
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted
When you need a 1/2 x 60" belt, you need a 1/2 x 60" belt - not a 1/2 x 59.5" belt.

After I spent 20 minutes trying to force it on without losing a finger, I finally figured it must be short (not the first time I've changed this belt) and headed off to Tractor Supply for one of their house brand belts, which I know to be of crap quality, but which I also know will fit. Which it did. Perfectly.

Wasted at least an hour of my day.

I'll come back and update with the retailer/manufacturer if they don't reply well to my very polite e-mail advising them of the problem.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can recommend a good diet! Big Grin

JK

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and maybe a sit up or two.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After I spent 20 minutes trying to force it on without losing a finger, I finally figured it must be short (not the first time I've changed this belt) and headed off to Tractor Supply for one of their house brand belts, which I know to be of crap quality, but which I also know will fit. Which it did. Perfectly.

I am sure someone will be along shortly to ask if you purchased an OEM belt, and to advise you as well on proper installation.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Holes don't matter. All my belts are tight except the ones that are too short.

Posts: 17142 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
^^^
And manufactures mis-labeling my pants size!

... the hell's wrong wit you people?!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah its called Relaxed Fit jeans. Makes you feel like you really have not gained weight cause you still wear a 34 inch pant which is really a 36. Same shit they do with women. Look honey I can still wear a size 4 dress.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
The belt threads have been merged? Or not. Maybe unofficially?

I know monkey is deliberately screwing with the thread. That's his way. But is the rest a result of TL;DR, or what?

V-Belts, people. The kevlar kind that transfer power.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
The belt threads have been merged? Or not. Maybe unofficially?

I know monkey is deliberately screwing with the thread. That's his way. But is the rest a result of TL;DR, or what?

V-Belts, people. The kevlar kind that transfer power.

-Rob

Maybe talk to one of the forum leatherworkers...

Wink

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I have had similar results with hardaware of all types.

Things that used to fit well, are now so screwed up with alignemnt, or tolerances and some can be modified, and others are simply unusable or unsafe to use. (especially classic vehichles), and then are the issues with te quality of materials used.

I have no doubt that a good deal of it is piss poor Chineseum.

posted Hide Post
I just wish my pants didn't start off at my waist every morning and an hour later are on my hip bones . I also have little use for those IWB holsters. Usually, there's little enough room for me IWB .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Holes don't matter. All my belts are tight except the ones that are too short.

So what you're saying is that your waist adjusted with the rate of inflation?

(Had to edit that after reading it with my glasses on my face instead of on the dresser.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LS1 GTO,

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Don't almost all v-belt applications offer some means of adjustment for tightness, such as the alternator being able to move in or out. Drill presses usually do, I know. Not sure what your application is, though.

Posts: 10785 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post