SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Yellow jackets!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yellow jackets! Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
This guy knows how to get rid of yellow jacket nests:

https://youtu.be/eKd0So_d4GA

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Great Caesar's ghost! That guy is bold!!

I haven't gotten back out in the yard to try and track down that nest, but it's raining today so I hope the little stinkers got soaked.

The stings still itch like mad, and the redness is growing. Gah! Mad

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of K0ZZZ
posted Hide Post
Damn... I hate getting stung by those little bastards.

However, I do love going after them with those electrified tennis racquet things.

... Chad

http://shotworkspro.com - Much better than scrap paper! Use 'Take5' to get 5 bucks off.

Posts: 770 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: December 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by K0ZZZ:
electrified tennis racquet things.

Tell us more... Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
FRACK!! Mad I found the little fargin' bastiges again!

Bad news: one of them got me.

Good news: just one this time, instead of three. Stung me on the ol' spare tire... maybe the flab will repel the venom better than the thin skin on my shins, where they got me last time.
Good news: I know where they congregate.
Good news: it's supposed to rain after while, and I'm not afraid to burn their little house down in the rain.

Three cans of foaming spray emptied on the little flying satans, and they're still buzzing around.
Dangit, man!!

God bless America.

Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
FRACK!! Mad I found the little fargin' bastiges again!

Bad news: one of them got me.

Good news: just one this time, instead of three. Stung me on the ol' spare tire... maybe the flab will repel the venom better than the thin skin on my shins, where they got me last time.
Good news: I know where they congregate.
Good news: it's supposed to rain after while, and I'm not afraid to burn their little house down in the rain.

Three cans of foaming spray emptied on the little flying satans, and they're still buzzing around.
Dangit, man!!

wait till dark, they are all home then,

a cup or so of Diesel, no match. worked on the last nest I found,

just walked up, pour it in the hole, and walked away,

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
I was moving a small pipe of firewood today and got nailed 6 times.
I had some white powder insecticide a friend who used to do pest control gave me.
I put some on with an old turkey baster where I saw them going in and out and waited til dark.
Moved the wood and found the paper type nest and cooked it with MAPP gas from my torch. There were 3 combs in it.
Bees be dead now!

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Been there. Ripped most of my clothes off while hitting myself from head to toe like an AL Wifebeater. The actual wife in screen porch rolling in laughter - yeah, I'm coming in the for YOU and bringing my little friends!

Gasoline, Nuclear, whatever it takes after that. Yeah, the yellowjackets too.

Sorry but I Laughed so hard !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have never, in my nearly 70 years, seen the number of these miserable, aggressive pieces of crap that we have this year. Our deck has a number of large planters filled with all sorts of flowers. These little devils seem to love them more than I do. We have 6 traps out and clean them every 4-5 days resulting in at least 1,000 dead and even more wounded. I bet I have killed 10,000 to far in the last month.

Additionally I have sprayed the house about 4 times in an attempt to rid them. We have lost the use of our favorite reading area for the last month of summer and I'm not happy. I just can't find the secret nest and I'm unwilling to crawl under our deck to look there.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lyman:
wait till dark, they are all home then,

a cup or so of Diesel, no match. worked on the last nest I found,

just walked up, pour it in the hole, and walked away,

Excellent. I like this idea!

God bless America.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Wait until 1/2 hour after dark, then pour a cup of gasoline down the hole. No fire.
End of story.

Posts: 9506 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a bad storm yesterday with some close in lightning strikes . I walked to the back of my property checking the trees and one of those little bastards got me on my left ear lobe . That was over an hour ago and it still hurts like hell . They are evil , plain and simple .

Posts: 4055 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
left ear lobe

Holy wick!! Eek

I finally made a trip over to the doc-in-a-box this evening, thanks to the swelling.
Guess who's got a shiny new Prednisone prescription? Roll Eyes

God bless America.