SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    "Sorry, 1 is not a valid option..."

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
"Sorry, 1 is not a valid option..." Login/Join 
posted
I cannot stand a 7 minute voice mail greeting. I do not need to know your business hours, your email, your fax number, your response time to return a call, your co-workers name and phone number, your next of kin or your blood type...

Most voice mails will let you hit 1 to bypass that crap to get to the beep. There's a few carriers out there that do not allow this option. Why isn't pressing 1 a standard option in the phone world??

Posts: 2679 | Location: The Low Country | Registered: October 21, 2008Report This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Not always 1. Some companies use either 0, #, * and some have no way to get around the sometimes long wait.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Report This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I always go for 0. If that fails, I listen to the menu.

0 usually works.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Report This Post