SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Left Lane Camping
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left Lane Camping Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted
"Camping" is when a driver gets into the left lane ("passing lane", "fast lane") and stays there. Last week I had to drive I-5 through California (commiefornia) and the pests were all over. It seemed they like the left lane as it's smoother then the rest of the road. One morning is was a yuppie pond scum BMW in morning rush hour. He was actually doing the speed limit or 15 miles slower then the rest of the traffic. He was a rock in a stream. Had another driving a nicely kept older pickup. Really no traffic, but he stuck to the left lane. The worse case, and the reason commiefornia is a lost cause, was by Lake Tahoe. An SUV was camping when the police pulled out behind him. They crept up and were tailgating the fool! The camper was oblivious to the police being right on his bumper. I'm hopeful, they go a mile, then two, then, the police pull off onto a crossover! The camper just drives on.
These campers would be fine in the far right lane. By camping they create problems when fast moving cars come flying through. They clearly see themselves as more important the the rest of us.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I always bring a good book, some nice tunes and a decent Double Ristretto Venti Half-Soy Nonfat Decaf Organic Chocolate Brownie Iced Vanilla Double-Shot Gingerbread Frappuccino Extra Hot With Foam Whipped Cream Upside Down Double Blended, One Sweet'N Low and One Nutrasweet, when I "Left Lane Camp".

Figure I'll get into a nice leaserly cruise and let all the fucktards in a hurry, zoom by in the right lane, where they belong.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, this is the one zillionth post about people who park in the left lane and block traffic. You win fabulous prizes.

It’s a problem everywhere you go, from sea to shining sea!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
How ironic, I stopped a vehicle this morning and wrote him for impeding traffic in the left lane.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:
How ironic, I stopped a vehicle this morning and wrote him for impeding traffic in the left lane.

Thank you! Cool

Keep up the good work, please!

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of this where I live as well. 95% of these folks know what they're doing. Had a 4 hour drive Saturday morning, one after another the whole way. I wish a few more of them had to meet LEO along the roadside.

Posts: 281 | Location: Outside St. Louis | Registered: June 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
"Camping" is when a driver gets into the left lane ("passing lane", "fast lane") and stays there. Last week I had to drive I-5 through California (commiefornia) and the pests were all over. It seemed they like the left lane as it's smoother then the rest of the road. One morning is was a yuppie pond scum BMW in morning rush hour. He was actually doing the speed limit or 15 miles slower then the rest of the traffic. He was a rock in a stream. Had another driving a nicely kept older pickup. Really no traffic, but he stuck to the left lane. The worse case, and the reason commiefornia is a lost cause, was by Lake Tahoe. An SUV was camping when the police pulled out behind him. They crept up and were tailgating the fool! The camper was oblivious to the police being right on his bumper. I'm hopeful, they go a mile, then two, then, the police pull off onto a crossover! The camper just drives on.
These campers would be fine in the far right lane. By camping they create problems when fast moving cars come flying through. They clearly see themselves as more important the the rest of us.

I have family in CA, and occasionally drive south to see them. I-5 from Redding to Sacramento SUCKS! Speed limit for trucks is 55, and there are LOTS of them. They stay in the right lane. Them someone decides to pass them doing 60 (speed limit is 65), and stays in the left lane. So the left lane is doing 60, the right lane 55, and no one clears the left lane.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
There should be a law that allows for people to do something that makes campers understand that their behavior is not acceptable.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
To hell with just a ticket. Assholes like that should have their cars towed and impounded. Pay those fees and the ticket in cash before you get your car back.

Bet it won't take long for idiots to learn. If you're on your phone and camping in the left lane, punishment is doubled.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
In California, there's no such thing as a "passing lane" even though there are signs in various places that say "Slower traffic move to the right lane" or something like that. In any case, it's not enough and people don't seem to agree with the idea anyway.

I notice in other states, people are more aware of this idea.

I don't care if you're already driving 5 or even 15 miles over the speed limit, if a car is gaining ground behind you, move over.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can recall, "Flash to Pass" PSA's announcements on TV, that was in the 70's.

Do that now, you get the finger or incite road rage.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2Adefender:
Congratulations, this is the one zillionth post about people who park in the left lane and block traffic. You win fabulous prizes.

It’s a problem everywhere you go, from sea to shining sea!

Well, that should end this discussion, right?? Smile

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
In Georgia it is against the law to do less than the limit in the fast lane. How often it is ticketed, I have no idea. Lol

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I am starting to think it is a game to some folks, I got behind one awhile back that I could not get around. He sped up to keep me from passing then slowed back down when there was a car beside him.

Oh and of course there are my dad types that do exactly the speed limit and always wants to get around one more car before getting in the right lane. I refuse to ride with him anymore, he does not think he is doing anything at all wrong because the speed limit is X.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
Oldie but I still remember. It was called Nestoring

https://timeline.com/this-man-...ton-d-c-a55596ca165d

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Well, in CA the truck limit is 55 while the car limit is 70. What moronic dickhead expended the last bit of remaining brain to decide that creating an artificial speed differential was safe??? At first it was sold as a safety play, and when studies proved that false, they then say it's to combat global warming.

If a truck is doing 54, and I need to pass, I'll perhaps do 60, breaking the speed limit by 5. In the meantime, all the cars piling up behind me getting pissed because you had to come down off of 80, suck it. Don't like it, then contact Sacramento. I'm following their rules, and I don't need a ticket simply because you're late to your dance recital. This is my living, and I"m going to protect my ability to do it. Don't like it, your issue is with the state and the CHP, not the truck.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR78:

As a fellow traveller, You are my hero.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I stay my ass the hell out of the Andretti lane.

I'm going 80+mph in the right and folks are blowing by me like I'm standing still.

But I still remember the words the judge told me. The legal limit in the left lane is the posted and I had to pay the $300 fine.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Well, in CA the truck limit is 55 while the car limit is 70. What moronic dickhead expended the last bit of remaining brain to decide that creating an artificial speed differential was safe??? At first it was sold as a safety play, and when studies proved that false, they then say it's to combat global warming.

If a truck is doing 54, and I need to pass, I'll perhaps do 60, breaking the speed limit by 5. In the meantime, all the cars piling up behind me getting pissed because you had to come down off of 80, suck it. Don't like it, then contact Sacramento. I'm following their rules, and I don't need a ticket simply because you're late to your dance recital. This is my living, and I"m going to protect my ability to do it. Don't like it, your issue is with the state and the CHP, not the truck.

You have my blessing.
Be safe out there.
I like groceries, and car parts, and clothing and other things.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:

Sounds like you are one of the good ones. Around here the trucks pull out right in front of you and then pace the other truck matching their speed exactly for several miles.

Eventually one either speeds up by maybe 0.5 mph and lumbers past the other or slower traffic in the right lane creates a space so that the 20 car long train behind both trucks can actually get on with their lives.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post