SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Don't you hate it when
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't you hate it when Login/Join 
posted
you wake up at 3am puking. Thought that was going to be it, but then when I got back up at 7am to get ready for work it just started all over again.

Whole body aches right now, and I took the day off. Hoping this isn't going to continue.

Luckily I work from home on Fridays so that will be okay. I would've worked from home today after sending in an email explaining my situation, but they get weird about letting you work when you're out sick.

It's weird working for a company that promotes work/life balance. So if you're out sick, they just want you to rest or take care of it. This part of my post isn't a rant, as I really appreciate that aspect of things.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of prepsheriff
posted Hide Post
Flu season already???

Airborne ! All the Way!!

Posts: 904 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: January 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prepsheriff:
Flu season already???

Haven't had the flu in probably 15 years. Seems a stomach bug might be going around the daughter's school, so I'm guessing I might be seeing some of that nonsense.

Posts: 2170 | Location: Atlanta  | Registered: February 09, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
That's great about your employer's attitude about that sort of thing. I've only dealt with places that would punish you for missing a day due to almost dieing.

Really shitty about being ill though sorry to hear that.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Consider yourself lucky in that your employer has that philosophy. So rare today.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:
Consider yourself lucky in that your employer has that philosophy. So rare today.

I'm all too aware. Just worked for the county for 8 years and they were the absolute worst versions of human beings possibly when it came to caring about employees. So, I'm enjoying some balance at the moment which seems really, really weird to me.

Grabbed some Emetrol to help in the meantime.

Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shovelhead:

So true. In 1990, I was re-ended by an illegal and missed over a week of work with severe back pain. After about the second day, they called about every day to check on me and then on Friday, one of the co-workers stopped by.

When I finally went back to work, there was my work plus additional problems of others that needed my attention.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
One of the many reasons I'm hanging it up in three months. All I'm saying.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
"Could be worse, could be raining" Get well.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
"Could be worse, could be raining" Get well.

Abby? Is that you?

Light bender eye mender

Posts: 412 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: July 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post