SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Idiot dented my Ford Ranger today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idiot dented my Ford Ranger today Login/Join 
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted
And I got some video.
It clearly show my truck sitting still and NOT driving into her. Mad

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/_Y9PHxB6sT8

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
I don’t follow. Is the other driver claiming something different?

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Yep. "My truck wasn't there so it must have driven into her".

The white Colorado hit me.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now and Zen
Picture of clubleaf206
posted Hide Post
Man, that is really annoying when someone doesn’t just simply own up to their error. Good thing you have video evidence. Will there be an issue with it occurring on private property?

Posts: 12167 | Location: The untamed wilds of Kansas | Registered: August 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Were you able to get that man standing and the girl sitting at the Wal-Mart entrance as witness's?
They clearly saw the Colorado as it was backing into you.

Posts: 18016 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Shit no. They were employees and disappeared when the GSP showed up.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
If there is a question on fault, personally I would show the video to the store manager so he/she can find the ee's who witnessed the accident.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post
Oh I will.
She wanted to settle this without insurance involvement.
I still wanted a report.
As we were on private property, no citation was issued.

Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The white Coronado was the one parked on the left when you drove up and stopped? Interesting as she had to have backed out to hit you.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With a police report, you may be able to get a copy of store security footage

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
did she say you were driving your truck sideways to run into her? what a knucklehead

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
One can spot the reaction from the guy standing in front of the store a couple of seconds after you were stopped.....I hate parking lots.

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
You need to either move or buy a bulldozer to drive. You have more run ins with shitty drivers in a month than I've had my entire life. That's crazy.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post