SIGforum
I have a new nightmare - Norwegian Scabies

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6660064054

January 25, 2019, 03:33 PM
az4783054
I have a new nightmare - Norwegian Scabies
Put them into an envelope and send them to Hillary. Razz

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.
January 25, 2019, 05:16 PM
smlsig
Isn't the OP a nurse?

I'm sure he knows what to do....

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina
January 26, 2019, 08:38 AM
Elk Hunter
Are these "scabies" the same thing as chiggers"

While stationed in Ft. Knox a BUNCH of us got chiggers from crawling around in the underbrush.

Not fun, at all. Itch like crazy all day and all night. Made sleeping difficult.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
January 26, 2019, 08:48 AM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
Are these "scabies" the same thing as chiggers"

No, but it's somewhat similar, in that they're both tiny parasitic mites that cause rashes and irritation.

The big difference is that a scabies actually burrow below the skin and infest the host, and are highly contagious since they live in the host and are capable of being passed from person to person. Whereas chiggers just bite the top layer of skin temporarily, like tiny ticks. Chiggers are not contagious, since being bitten requires exposure to chigger larvae out in the wild, and once a chigger drinks its fill it drops off the host and doesn't bite again.
January 26, 2019, 08:54 AM
arfmel
Scabies cases have been an issue in a nursing home not too far from here. As if being in a nursing home wasn’t bad enough already.
January 28, 2019, 05:24 PM
jimb888
I brought those scabies from Norway (OK it was Denmark but she was Norwegian) back to the states @ 43 years back. Sorry about that.

BTW, you'll know they aren't chiggers. In between your fingers will itch like crazy, specially at night.