SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    No good deed, etc.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

No good deed, etc. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Took Fate out for her morning constitutional.

She was VERY good yesterday about staying close and coming when called without a leash so I didn't bother this morning at oh-dark-thirty.

She wandered around looking for the perfect spot like usual, and then took off like a shot for the barn.

Backed out dragging a very pissed-off skunk.

I don't think she got the full benefit of the skunk's defensive mechanism. She's definitely skunky, but not make your eyes water, gag til ya puke skunky.

She's terribly confused, can't figure out why she's not allowed in the house.

Faaaaaaaack.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I'm up early with our dog, always on guard over skunks. I try to turn on 3 outside lights for a while beforehand, she's out off leash.

It's been about a year since she was last sprayed. I have the 17 HMR standing by if I get an opportunity.

Posts: 6158 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
After the second time one of our pups got sprayed I've made it a habit of having enough ingredients around for several batches of this treatment.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
She got REAL lucky. I think the smell was just residual from having a mouth full of skunk.

I washed her with the internet-recommended solution of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda, now she just smells like wet dog.

Wife says she can detect a slight onion odor, but that's probably from the mud room/shed which REEKS because that's where she was banished to until I could get her bathed.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15224 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post