SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    News Articles that quote Twitter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

News Articles that quote Twitter Login/Join 
posted
I absolutely hate news articles that quote a tweet, then print the same tweet in a small box. So if you're reading the article you end up reading things twice.

I know .... first world problems ... but still.

and to make matters worse, it's usually a "news" article about how one person tweeted something insensitive or racist or whatever. One friggin person out of 6 billion. Who cares what Joe from Cleveland thinks? That ain't news!! The world is full of idiots.

Posts: 260 | Registered: March 08, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
You are right about that. That's the reason I deleted Yahoo, Fox News apps.

Sportscenter (ESPN) was doing similar crap. Some athelete would make a post on twitter, and they'd talk about it, and show all the twitter responses.

That was about 2 years ago since I've watched any ESPN. I can only imagine how bad it is now. Roll Eyes

Lazy journalism. Hell, it's not even journalism.

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
As soon as I see the twitter post - I'm gone.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it be twice as bad if your sister either mailed the ones she reads to you or texts them to your phone all the time??

I cannot seem to get her to quit it without really causing a rift.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Nothing worse than a twiticle that uses a collection of tweets to try to illustrate that the entire twitisphere is in agreement with whatever silly point the leftist 'author' is making.

Posts: 1968 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post