Walmart Visit Today Produces A Double Rant

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6630048954

August 12, 2019, 10:20 AM
V-Tail
Walmart Visit Today Produces A Double Rant
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Regarding Walmart, we don't shop there for anything other than cat and dog food. Both my wife and I hate the store for anything else.
Not my favorite place, but I usually stop in about once a week to grab brand-name stuff that's way cheaper than anyplace else in the area. Example: Thomas English muffins. $4.29 for a package of a half-dozen at Publix, $2.28 for the same thing at Walmart. Wiper blades, stuff like that, Walmart is the least expensive place around. Ammunition is way cheaper than any of the local gun stores and frequently rivals online cost.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 12, 2019, 10:29 AM
midwest guy
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Regarding Walmart, we don't shop there for anything other than cat and dog food. Both my wife and I hate the store for anything else.
Not my favorite place, but I usually stop in about once a week to grab brand-name stuff that's way cheaper than anyplace else in the area. Example: Thomas English muffins. $4.29 for a package of a half-dozen at Publix, $2.28 for the same thing at Walmart. Wiper blades, stuff like that, Walmart is the least expensive place around. Ammunition is way cheaper than any of the local gun stores and frequently rivals online cost.

You should look at Verizon unlimited 55 for a cellphone plan,Orlando area is included. Unlimited data so you don’t have to mess around with store WiFi.
August 12, 2019, 10:48 AM
V-Tail
quote:
You should look at Verizon unlimited 55 for a cellphone plan,Orlando area is included.
Looks like that's $80 / month for two phones, plus taxes and junk fees.

Compared to $28 / month for two lines, including all taxes and junk fees, for Spectrum Mobile service, riding on the Verizon network. We get 2 GB data, shared. $14 per additional GB or fraction thereof, but we have not gone over the basic 2 GB yet. We use very little cellular data. My use is almost exclusively text and email, I hardly touch the unlimited calling, as I am hearing impaired.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
August 12, 2019, 11:22 AM
zoom6zoom
I don't shop Walmart often, but if I have to I generally use their online service. Find what I want, then select store pickup if free shipping isn't an option. And it gets you choices you don't have just visiting one store.

Just checked their site and found a plethora of seat cushions. Even found I could order replacement foam for my sofa pillows.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.
August 16, 2019, 12:13 AM
With the hunting season starting, they have insulated seat cushions for $6.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mos...eat-Cushion/38338175

August 23, 2019, 08:11 AM
Blume9mm
Not gun related but parked at Wallyworld last week and watch the shopping cart guy retrieve 4 carts from the lot rack and then push them right by another cart parked in the middle of the parking lane.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"