SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    How to treat the dead
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How to treat the dead Login/Join 
posted
https://www.theamericanconserv...r-madison-wisconsin/

It's discouraging to read such things. I believe that folks need to walk a mile in others shoes and remember the golden rule first and foremost. It reminds me of Kemal Ataturk response to Australia a few years after the WW! Galipoli massacre where the Turks had cut down Australia's finest as if they were but a field of ripe wheat and they had a scythe.

Ataturk, the commander of the Turkish forces in the Dardanelles and later Turkish's first President reportedly said to the Australians who had heretofor been bitter enemies:
"Those heroes that shed their blood and lost their lives ... You are now lying in the soil of a friendly country. Therefore rest in peace. There is no difference between the Johnnies and the Mehmets to us where they lie side by side here in this country of ours ... You, the mothers who sent their sons from faraway countries, wipe away your tears; your sons are now lying in our bosom and are in peace. After having lost their lives on this land they have become our sons as well."

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Having lived in Wisconsin and the South as well this strikes a chord. I had not encountered racial prejudice towards Native Americans until I lived in rural Wisconsin. I should not have been surprised.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I cannot imagine how much hate these people live with.....and stupid, their lack of knowledge in History is sad.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a tombstone for the dead . Nothing more . To remove it is desecration . And to do it out of hate is beyond words .

Posts: 3969 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Really not surprising from the leftist imbeciles running the communist enclave of Madison.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
From the article: The leaders of Madison, Wisconsin, are manifestly not decent people. God preserve us Southerners from behaving so shamefully. I suppose it won’t be long before they disinter the Confederate bodies and put them on a barge down the Mississippi.

Based on what the city council in Madison is doing, this sounds like an excellent plan. Bring our boys home.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Wisconsin and left as soon as I enlisted in the Navy at 18. Most of the absolutely dumbest people I have ever met were in Wisconsin. It must be something in the water - or the beer.

As a side note, I believe most of drunkest cities in America are in good old Wisconsin. Something like 6 or 7 out of 10. Impressive.

Glad I left young.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Really not surprising from the leftist fuckheads running the communist enclave of Madison.

Very accurate statement.

They don't realize how temporary they are in this place, while a monument is for people over a long period of time. Who are these dust mites to interfere?

Posts: 1345 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Wow. And if these were muslim terrorists instead of confederate soldiers?

I really think you lose your own humanity when you're willing to dehumanize not even your enemies but enemies of your fathers.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Disgusting.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Contact info for the Madison WI “common council”. Try to be polite. Wink

https://www.cityofmadison.com/Council/contact/

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Madison is not an embarrassment to Wisconsin. It's an embarrassment to the planet.

Please do not judge the entire state by this festering boil on our ass.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
Although that quote by Ataturk is contested, the sentiment is nevertheless spot on. Know this, though. Whomever wrote it in 1934 would not have done so if the Allies had lost WWI. In other words, the Turks knew who was buttering their bread against a threatening Stalin. Power is sexy.

The takeaway is that these GDCs must be defeated. We have an election coming up next month, and we must use these opportunities to push back the cultural Marxism that has overtaken us of late. Only then can our dead Rest In Peace.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8200 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
A historical society or similar group would probably not have much difficulty getting an injunction against the removal, or alternatively, convincing the state to charge the hell out of anyone who desecrated a grave. This isn't a statute or a monument.. it's a grave marker. Most states have laws protecting graves, for good reason.

The fact that anyone would need to go through those contortions is sickening.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
I had at one point wished to visit your city, and learn its history in connection to our PAST. Some great men once said you forget the past you repeat it. Just know that your mistakes on removing a GRAVE MAKER, means you have lost your past, and will lose your future. I could never in good faith encourage anyone to visit a town so close-minded as yours. In fact, I will try my best to help spread how horrid you are, and when you reap these rewards, I hope you remember that when our country fought itself, we at least on both sides behaved properly when it came for the dead. You should be ashamed, and I for one know your ancestors who fought and died in that war not only roll in their graves over your choices, but would try everything they had to prevent such spineless and morally corrupt people from being in the government

That was my kindly worded letter. I felt it was as polite as I could manage.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Another example of the Left trying to remove our history good or bad. This so that in a generation or two no one will know the truth. Look at our schools most don't teach the Constitution nor the bill of rights much less history. This is the total destruction of the American society, a little at a time. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democrats tearing up the graves of other Democrats.

Oh, the irony.

Posts: 1087 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post