New
Find
Notify
Tools

Flu Login/Join 
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted
Its been on and off almost three damn weeks now. One round of antibiotics, get about 90% and go back to work. Bitch schedules put me right back into it. Another round of pills. This time 1000mg Bioxin. Cant smell, cant taste, wife yelling at me because the TV is blasting. On top of it had to travel 275mi out of town for family business a sister 4 miles away from the issue couldnt be bothered with.

Finally getting better but woke up at 3am with a coughing fit I thought was gonna give me a freaking heart attack. Even the dog glared at me.

So over this shit....

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Why would they give you an antibiotic for a virus?

I felt like utter crap Monday and went for a flu test. The test came back negative, but based on symptoms he started me on Tamiflu anyways. Feeling ok today, but can still tell I'm not 100%. It really sucks because my son is on immune suppressant meds so I'm limiting my contact. Makes me feel like a leper in my own home.

I hope you feel better!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I say "flu" but its more of a sinus infection from hell.

"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Ah, gotcha. Had those before and you have my sympathy!

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Yup, crashed in bed right now with a 100 + fever. Think I'm gonna need to get better to feel good enough to die. This effn sucks. Gotta get well enough to work next week.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You should look into taking vitamin D3. It seems to be one of the keys to long life and your immune system.

I hope President Trump upends the FDA so more information is available to the consumer. Vitamin D3 would also have a big impact on reducing healthcare costs.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I lterally went thru two of those big boxes of Kleenex yesterday. I would go into a sneezing fit for 5-10 minutes straight. At one point last night, I was coughing, sneezing, and had the hiccups all at the same time. Luckily I hadnt had Mexican. Today I am MUCH better but my stomach muscles hurt so much from yesterday that when I cough or sneeze, I have to crunch my abdomen togehter to keep the pain down.

Maybe I inhaled some of that chemtrail shit.