SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Really Sam’s checkout guy you will sell me the drink cup but not physically give it to me anymore??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Really Sam’s checkout guy you will sell me the drink cup but not physically give it to me anymore?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
I go to Sam’s generally once a week. I like their Coke (but not the reason I go there each week), not as good as McDonalds but good.
As long as I have been going there you can buy a drink cup in the regular checkout line and mosey on over to the cafe and filler up. This even included the self checkout which I generally use.
Today I notice all the self checkout line cup dispensers are empty.
No big deal the checkout lines aren’t crazy but the cafe line is at least 15 people deep. So I hop on the regular checkout and get up there ask for a drink. He scans the cup and puts it back.
I ask for the cup and he says he can only ring up the cup but I have to actually get my cup from the cafe now.
I said I had no desire to stand in another line especially when he has the cup right there I can walk directly to the fountains and be on my way without standing in another line that would likely be over 10 minutes.
Sorry, no cup.
Now I can understand not having the cups in the self checkout line anymore as I am sure plenty of those have walked off without being paid for. But in the checkout line where the cashier has to physically hand you the cup. That is nonsense.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah that’s ridiculous... if you’re going to separate the 2 things (shopping and deli) then that’s fine, but if you’re going to allow me to purchase a cup through the checkout of the shopping area there’s no reason you can’t just give me a cup....

Otherwise tell me unfortunately we’ve had too many cups go missing through our shopping area so now all purchases for deli items have to be made at the deli.... i’d Be ok with this response too, but the way it sounds like it was done is silly.

Unless they just have a cup ready for you to pickup on the pickup side of the deli then it’s not really that big of a deal.... but if you have to stand in the deli line anyways... then it’s silly

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
I just had to run back to Sams on another matter to speak to customer service.
I asked about this nonsensical idea of selling me a cup in line but not actually giving me a cup.

The customer service lady was quite confused and had no idea why the fella would have said such a thing.
She said she would have a talk with him. I made sure to let her know the fella was very polite about it.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25353 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I think I would have let the manager explain the reasoning behind the policy to me as I stayed in the checkout line waiting. If they wouldn't budge, I would have to start bringing my own insulated cup to use instead.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cooger
posted Hide Post
How would the food guy know you bought a coke? Does he or she check the receipt?

Posts: 1512 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Our Sam's food court has the self-serve kiosks.

Posts: 4006 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Me and the wife went to Sams monday.
Bought some meat and other things. When they scanned the meat, it would not read.
The guy helping the "new girl" at the register, went to get a price. It was clearly marked on the package, I did not see the problem. He got another package and they scanned that one and then he took that package back.

I shook my head and asked what was up with that.
He says well it read that one! I said well, yeah but I did not get that one.
He says well they are all the same price.
I told him meat is sold by the pound, not by the pack. He said Nope, they are all the same price.
I asked him what the price was that was marked on mine pack.
Anyway, after another register helper and another 10 minutes, they got it corrected.
I guess Sams does not pay enough to hire people with brains??

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post