SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Spilling a bottle of Dykem Layout Fluid in your lap.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spilling a bottle of Dykem Layout Fluid in your lap. Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted
Working on some gun parts trying to mark them. Spilled half a bottle of layout fluid in my lap.

There was no way to get to shower fast enough. Literally: Blue Balls.

I look like I had relations with a smurf.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Pics or it..... nevermind. Sucks to be you Big Grin

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/68ugkg9RePc

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I spilled a bottle of red on the front porch while using it to mark my reloads for recovery at a match. Not much will take it out of concrete, but acetone is supposed to be what to use on other surfaces. Wife covered it up with a couple of cinder blocks.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't put acetone on my...well, you know!!

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, was Smurfette any good? Big Grin

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
So, was Smurfette any good? Big Grin

My wife was on the phone with her mom. Went down stairs and whipped it out. Should have seen her face. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Look on the bright side...if any of your wife's friends are getting married and need something blue you've got 'em covered!

Did you tell your wife the fabled condition is real and you need extra attention until the color goes back to normal?

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
Blue Dykem ? is that an unhappy lesbian?

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Dykem is a brand of layout fluid. You brush it on the metal, let it dry, then use a tool to scratch whatever markings you need into the top of the part. It's a mainstay of the machining trades.

This is part of the reason why I keep a healthy supply of Sharpies around. For my relatively minimal metalworking needs it's cheaper and simpler because I always have other uses for permanent markers and it's really quite difficult to give myself literally blue balls. Razz

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Are you married? You could have a lot of fun messing with the Mrs.
"Honey! Does this look OK to you or should I call someone?" Wink

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Made me think of this scene:

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vulrath:
Dykem is a brand of layout fluid. You brush it on the metal, let it dry, then use a tool to scratch whatever markings you need into the top of the part. It's a mainstay of the machining trades.

This is part of the reason why I keep a healthy supply of Sharpies around. For my relatively minimal metalworking needs it's cheaper and simpler because I always have other uses for permanent markers and it's really quite difficult to give myself literally blue balls. Razz

Ditto.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
It'll wear off. Oh, you're married.

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7437 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post