SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Lets bring our 30-40 ft trailer to the gas station
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lets bring our 30-40 ft trailer to the gas station Login/Join 
posted
....and jam up the entire lot and park at the gas pumps then go in to order food.

No worries you just block half the lot while everyone goes inside to get food, drinks and ice.

I understand your vehicle needs gas, however these are locals who bring their boats, lawn care and every other extended trailer with them. How about fill your tank the night before then hook up the trailer.

Posts: 5416 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Or at least fill up then get the hell out of the way.

I refuse to patronize the gas station/convenience store nearest to me. Not only is the proprietor a flaming asshole, but the bulk of his clientele is of the "leave it wherever it rolls to a stop" school of parking.

I wouldn't gas up there if he was giving it away.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or at least fill up then get the hell out of the way.

This. 1000 times this. And it doesn't just apply to people with trailers, either, although having one sitting there blocks 2 pumps, which exacerbates the problem. I've never understood the thought process that leaves some to think it's ok to just leave their car there and walk inside...how hard is it to move it 10 feet and park it out of the way?

Posts: 8542 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
It is especially nice when they block the ethanol free and diesel pumps. Seriously! If there are only two of the damn EF or Diesel pumps some halfwit will be jamming them up while he is ordering food inside the station.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
My 38' trailer holds 80 gallons of gas, were should I go to fill it up? My trailered boat holds 93 gallons, where should I go to fill that up? My trailered lawn mower holds 14 gallons, where should I go to fill that up?

Ya know what's worse? Being the guy towing the trailer waiting for the guy in the car who ran in to buy stuff, use the bathroom, chat up the subway girl, whatever, when there 10 empty parking spaces right in front of the store they could have pulled into. And yes, I use the ethanol free and diesel pumps, sometimes at the same time. I really like the boat ramps jammed up with cars, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc. And the trailer spaces with cars parked in them.

Yes, I agree, do your business and get out of the way. It applies everywhere to everyone.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
I hate the convenience store patrons that park at the gas pumps with no intention of getting gas, going in and spending a half hour buying lottery tickets.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I apply judicious amounts of horn.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Saluki
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
My 38' trailer holds 80 gallons of gas, were should I go to fill it up? My trailered boat holds 93 gallons, where should I go to fill that up? My trailered lawn mower holds 14 gallons, where should I go to fill that up?

Ya know what's worse? Being the guy towing the trailer waiting for the guy in the car who ran in to buy stuff, use the bathroom, chat up the subway girl, whatever, when there 10 empty parking spaces right in front of the store they could have pulled into. And yes, I use the ethanol free and diesel pumps, sometimes at the same time. I really like the boat ramps jammed up with cars, pedestrians, bicyclists, etc. And the trailer spaces with cars parked in them.

Yes, I agree, do your business and get out of the way. It applies everywhere to everyone.
Hell yes, get yourself a beer outta my cooler.

----------The weather is here I wish you were beautiful----------

Posts: 5149 | Location: southern Mn | Registered: February 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At some of the national parks, way out west they have septic tanks on the way out of the park to "unload" your flushables, they also have a spigot and hose to wash away the spilled ickey.

we watched a giant luxury bus pull in and put the dump hose in the hole and then he filled a bucket w/ soap and water and proceeded to wash the windows on the bus,
well, one camper pulled in behind him , then a second and a third,

now the line was out on the road way ,
A park ranger drove up and talked to the guy ,
He pointed to the line behind the bus,
the bus driver looked and he dumped the water , stored the dump hose and was gone in under three minutes.

now this was before cell phones , so I don't know how the Ranger found out

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54606 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
There must be a lot of diesel Tacomas and Civics around because the assholes seem to park in front of the pumps a lot.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kraquin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
I hate the convenience store patrons that park at the gas pumps with no intention of getting gas, going in and spending a half hour buying lottery tickets.

Or park in front of the air hose.

Posts: 391 | Registered: December 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes you do what you gotta do. No longer have a boat, but we still have a 30' toy hauler. In my home town, I know where to go. Easy in & out, some stations even designed for large vehicles. Out on the road, I look for the same large stations, but sometimes you just have to stop where there is a place to fuel up.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the trailer towing folks who drag a massive trailer into the drive thru at the fast food restaurants.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16070 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Ever wonder why gas stations don't do anything about it?

The reason is that a gas station hopes to make enough money selling gasoline to pay their electric bill. Seriously, they're making a couple pennies a gallon profit selling gasoline, but they're making many, many orders of magnitude more profit selling cokes, twinkies, and bottled water.

The mark-up at a c-store on things lawn crews buy (water, gatorade, beer, ice, etc.) is way higher there than at a grocery store or big box store so there is no way they're chasing that cash cow away.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The huge RVs are driven by people that are afraid of them or by dedicated asshole that just don’t care.
We were in Glacier National Park and diving the Going-to-the-Sun highway. Both ends have huge signs banning RVs. Several signs in fact. Towards the end the bumper to bumper traffic stops. A asshole in a big RV was trying to drive the road. Problem was he filled most of the road! The rangers had arrived and were getting to to back down to a turn off. Our tour guide had seen it before. The driver would be kept there until traffic became light, about sunset, then be backed down to turn around RVs were supposed to use.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post