SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Home Inspectors
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Home Inspectors Login/Join 
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Hopefully everything goes smoothly from here on out for you.

My biggest worry was the appraisal, and that came back at selling price. From what my realtor told me yesterday all inspections are done and certifications issued to the township. The only hurdle left is the township U&O inspection.

Exactly two weeks to closing. I'm definitely tired of stressing over this.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
Exactly two weeks to closing. I'm definitely tired of stressing over this.

I hear that. I'm set for closing 2 weeks from today. This has been one of the most exhausting things I've ever done.

We signed the paperwork a few days ago saying that the buyers aren't requesting any repairs, and we don't have any additional township inspections or the like, so my final hurdle is just the appraisal. Appraiser visited yesterday afternoon. Should know by sometime next week.

But my realtor says that, based on the comps for my area, it should be no sweat. In fact, a house that's directly across the street and nearly a mirror copy of ours closed about 6 weeks ago for a similar price per square foot as our contract. And they didn't have any of the upgrades that we've done in the past few years (new roof, new water heater, master shower remodel, expanded deck, etc.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
We got really lucky with the sale of our house. The buyers realtor was a friend of the family and I’m pretty sure she desperately needed the money. I’m sure she recommended the inspector because he missed some pretty obvious things that we were in the process of fixing. He didn’t come back with a single issue so we cancelled the contractor we had scheduled.

I’m convinced she needed the sale so bad becausec at closing the realtor wanted to buy a toy shelf that I’d built as a gift for the buyers since they expressed interest in it (we said that any furniture they wanted we’d be willing to sell). She wrote me a check for $100, and then asked me to not cash it until the end of the week.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post