SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    UPS Excuse - A New Low
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPS Excuse - A New Low Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted
I bought a plumbing piece not locally available from Amazon and paid extra for Saturday delivery by noon. Today, I received a failure to deliver notice due to wrong address. Odd since Amazon ships me something at least once a week, and even odder since the address is correct in the UPS app.

I called the bastards at UPS, and their excuse is the vendor input the address incorrectly. I asked for clarification as my Amazon profile is correct and the app shows the correct address. Their excuse is they put the street type (eg St, Rd, Blvd) in the street name field. Are you shitting me? The street type is part of the street name, and really important in some neighborhoods (not mine) that have Pine St, Pine Rd, Pine Blvd, Pine Cir, Pine Way, etc.

That is the lamest excuse I've received in the myriad of UPS late deliveries. I guess I have to:
  • complain to Amazon once again as I could've received it for free on Monday.
  • shower in my guest bathroom a couple more days

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His Royal Hiney
    Picture of Rey HRH
    posted Hide Post
    Paying extra and not getting what you paid for would certainly qualify for getting a refund.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It is probably Amazons fault. Did you not hear that Amazon released a statement that said that their main hub warehouse is in Memphis Tenn and that the ice down there was gonna really slow up delivery. So, they make up phoney excuses instead of ice in Tenn.

NRA Life Endowment member
    Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    Just do not order via UPS if their 2 day delivery falls on Saturday or Sunday. You won't get it until sometime the next week.

BTDT.

Their union does not work on weekends, even if they let you believe that 2 day delivery actually means it.

Last order took 6 days, after I paid for 2 day delivery.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Aquabird:
    It is probably Amazons fault. Did you not hear that Amazon released a statement that said that their main hub warehouse is in Memphis Tenn and that the ice down there was gonna really slow up delivery. So, they make up phoney excuses instead of ice in Tenn.
    UPS' website shows it originated in the Indiana side of Louisville, flew out of Louisville, and arrived at the Houston hub Saturday morning. Although, it is highly suspicious that it was scanned in Louisville at 5:46 AM and scanned in Houston at 7:04 AM. It's 831 miles as the crow flies in a plane traveling approx. 500 mph.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23099 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I paid for 2 day air, should have been delivered on Friday. Tracking showed it arrived to Mesquite terminal 2:45 AM Friday (I live about 15 miles from Mesquite which is just east of Dallas).
    We got 1/10 of an inch of snow and the status went to "delivery delayed", hopefully I will get it Monday. One-Tenth of an inch of snow shut down UPS!!!

Posts: 798 | Location: Katy, TX | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Houston1944:
    I paid for 2 day air, should have been delivered on Friday. Tracking showed it arrived to Mesquite terminal 2:45 AM Friday (I live about 15 miles from Mesquite which is just east of Dallas).
    We got 1/10 of an inch of snow and the status went to "delivery delayed", hopefully I will get it Monday. One-Tenth of an inch of snow shut down UPS!!!
    Well, at least they didn't lie and say it was undeliverable due to the street type being in the address.

always with a hat or sunscreen
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
    Just do not order via UPS if their 2 day delivery falls on Saturday or Sunday. You won't get it until sometime the next week.

Depends on where you live. We have UPS residential Saturday delivery here.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
    USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Aquabird:
    UPS' website shows it originated in the Indiana side of Louisville, flew out of Louisville, and arrived at the Houston hub Saturday morning. Although, it is highly suspicious that it was scanned in Louisville at 5:46 AM and scanned in Houston at 7:04 AM. It's 831 miles as the crow flies in a plane traveling approx. 500 mph.

Louisville is in the Eastern Time Zone, Houston in the Central, so that was 2:14 between scans. Flighaware.com shows the UPS flight between KSDF and KIAH at anywhere from 1:45 to 2:02 for the past 8 days so those scan times are certainly possible, assuming local time.

Doesn't help, but at least the scans could be accurate.

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Updates:
  • Monday - UPS' Houston hub posted the exact same excuse as they did Saturday (can't deliver due to incorrect address) even though they "corrected" on Saturday while I was on the phone with them.
  • Tuesday - No delivery from UPS so I called Amazon. They credited back the overnight shipping charge, sent me a new one 2-day (to avoid using UPS), and told me that if UPS actually delivers it to keep it.
  • Thursday - the replacement arrives from Amazon. The interesting thing is UPS' Louisville hub shows a departure scan (very suspect since it supposedly arrived in Houston on Saturday) and UPS Houston delivers the original.

•  
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Houston1944:

I thought even a marginal amount of snow would pretty much shut down the whole of Texas? I didn't think road salt and plow trucks were plentiful thag far south?

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2731 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Well, the rectal itches at UPS Houston are at it again.

I ordered 3 identical items from Amazon, and Amazon split them into 3 boxes since they're each slightly larger than a bread box. Mid-afternoon today, UPS Houston delivered 2 of the boxes.

I checked the tracking # and the other box was still out of for delivery. About an hour ago, I get notification they marked it undeliverable due to wrong address. Mad I just finished spending 30 minutes with Amazon and UPS, and they're promising to deliver Monday.

I'm 99% sure that there will be yet another excuse on Monday instead of a delivery. I have really grown to despise UPS in Houston, and made sure I opted for the free Prime delivery from Amazon in hopes of avoiding the bastards.

posted Hide Post
    Where I live, UPS beats USPS & FedEX hands down. Never a problem. USPS on the other hand is a bunch of lazy screw ups. Only my regular carrier can get it right most of the time.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4251 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Living my life my way
    Picture of molachi
    posted Hide Post
    Never had a problem with UPS. Fedex on the other hand Frown Ordered a printer from Epson. Was to be delivered on Mon., finally showed up Tues. drivers excuse was "Google said my address was invalid" He couldn't explain how it was "valid" on Tues. Didn't discuss it much with him as I wanted to keep my cool. Calling Fedex did absoutely no good.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    I bought a plumbing piece not locally available from Amazon and paid extra for Saturday delivery by noon. Today, I received a failure to deliver notice due to wrong address. Odd since Amazon ships me something at least once a week, and even odder since the address is correct in the UPS app.

I called the bastards at UPS, and their excuse is the vendor input the address incorrectly. I asked for clarification as my Amazon profile is correct and the app shows the correct address. Their excuse is they put the street type (eg St, Rd, Blvd) in the street name field. Are you shitting me? The street type is part of the street name, and really important in some neighborhoods (not mine) that have Pine St, Pine Rd, Pine Blvd, Pine Cir, Pine Way, etc.

That is the lamest excuse I've received in the myriad of UPS late deliveries. I guess I have to:
  • complain to Amazon once again as I could've received it for free on Monday.
  • shower in my guest bathroom a couple more days

• Don't know about all the issues of wrong address, etc, but months ago I paid extra for 2 day shipping and it should have arrived here on Saturday. It arrived the following Wednesday.

When I checked into why, I was told that the UPS union does not work on weekends!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
    -Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Too old to run,
    too mean to quit!
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by bald1:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Elk Hunter:

Depends on where you live. We have UPS residential Saturday delivery here.

Live in N. Virginia which is a pretty well populated area.

Hell, even USPS delivers on Saturday here.

Elk

-Thomas Jefferson

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Just for the
    hell of it
    Picture of comet24
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Ended up getting the Saturday part on Wednesday after being "out for delivery" three times.Amazon's response: We will give you a free month of Prime. OH BOY!!

I got the same response after the carrier lost a shipment. They refunded me the money and offered a free month of prime for my troubles. I just wanted the stuff I ordered.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16378 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Loves His Wife
    Picture of BRL
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    shower in my guest bathroom a couple more days

First world problems.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12930 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of cparktd
    posted Hide Post
    So room for a positive experience here LOL!

Middle of last winter, cold day, just before dark. Female Mail carrier had a flat tire at the end of my driveway. Rural route so they drive personal vehicles.

She had a small floor jack and a spare but I saw her struggling with the lug nuts. I went out with a flash light and changed it for her.

She thanked me and went on her way.

Couple months later, a Friday, a package for me went to the wrong post office, 10 miles away. Post office notified me that the package would be delivered Monday. I guess she got the message as well somehow.

After she ran her route, she drove the 20 miles round trip and picked up the stray package and brought it to me, well after dark.

Moral of the story? If your delivery person has a flat tire... give 'em a hand!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit! UPS Houston actually delivered the package today, and called letting me know they delivered it.