SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Armadillos!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Armadillos! Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I seem to recall seeing some 1200+ FPS air rifles on the market, decent prices. I suspect a 17 or 22 cal traveling at 1200 FPS would do them in.

I have both a Gamo and a Stoeger that fit that category. Work great on tree rats, but they haven't learned how to up-armor yet. Can't say how they'd work on a dillo.

I wouldn't bet on the .177 air gun taking out a adult Dillo. At least not humanely. It might be a pest but still deserves to be put down quickly. They are pretty tough.

https://www.theguardian.com/us...ther-in-law-ricochet

But who knows... It was his Mother In Law! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The OP needs an armadillo helmet:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The OP needs an armadillo helmet:

I have one but wear it as a cup. Big Grin

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A pellet rifle is just not going to get the job done . 22 cal rifle or handgun at a minimum .

Posts: 4050 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
The suckers have taken over the position of most road kills from the possums in the last 2 or 3 years it seems.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The problem is that the grubs will come back in a year, then same problem.
I treated for grubs so I could get rid of moles, now, grubs are back and moles worse than ever.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty much a city boy and back in 1968 I was in basic training at Ft. Sam in San Antonio. One day they dumped us off out in the country for reasons I don't recall . I was all by myself , when I heard this rustling noise coming from behind a large bush. Didn't know whether it was a bear or a rattler. Turned out to be an armadillo. First one and last one I ever saw. Curious looking thing .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post