https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6570087224

April 19, 2017, 07:52 AM
myrottiety
Armadillos!
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I seem to recall seeing some 1200+ FPS air rifles on the market, decent prices. I suspect a 17 or 22 cal traveling at 1200 FPS would do them in.

I have both a Gamo and a Stoeger that fit that category. Work great on tree rats, but they haven't learned how to up-armor yet. Can't say how they'd work on a dillo.

I wouldn't bet on the .177 air gun taking out a adult Dillo. At least not humanely. It might be a pest but still deserves to be put down quickly. They are pretty tough.

https://www.theguardian.com/us...ther-in-law-ricochet

But who knows... It was his Mother In Law! Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.
April 19, 2017, 08:18 AM
tatortodd
The OP needs an armadillo helmet:

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
April 19, 2017, 11:50 AM
Ripley
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
The OP needs an armadillo helmet:

I have one but wear it as a cup. Big Grin

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.
April 19, 2017, 02:02 PM
Skins2881
Don't shoot yourself while hunting Mr. Dillo!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
April 19, 2017, 06:40 PM
selogic
A pellet rifle is just not going to get the job done . 22 cal rifle or handgun at a minimum .
April 19, 2017, 11:48 PM
cparktd
The suckers have taken over the position of most road kills from the possums in the last 2 or 3 years it seems.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
April 20, 2017, 06:31 PM
Aquabird
The problem is that the grubs will come back in a year, then same problem.
I treated for grubs so I could get rid of moles, now, grubs are back and moles worse than ever.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
April 25, 2017, 11:36 PM
NK402
I'm pretty much a city boy and back in 1968 I was in basic training at Ft. Sam in San Antonio. One day they dumped us off out in the country for reasons I don't recall . I was all by myself , when I heard this rustling noise coming from behind a large bush. Didn't know whether it was a bear or a rattler. Turned out to be an armadillo. First one and last one I ever saw. Curious looking thing .