SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Oooooooo, I HATE when that happens.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oooooooo, I HATE when that happens. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
Left the house at 7:30 for an 8:00 appointment 15 miles away to have my bike inspected.

That all went well, but I got lost on the way home. Took 5 hours and 185 miles to get back...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Razz

Reminds me of my wife one time. She insisted "they" moved the entire city of Greensboro

------------------------------
I'm a right wing, anti-illegal, pro-life, gun owning, straight, white, college educated, politically informed, conservative, Christian male. Liberals hate me.

Posts: 2901 | Location: RDU, NC | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Left the house at 7:30 for an 8:00 appointment 15 miles away to have my bike inspected.

That all went well, but I got lost on the way home. Took 5 hours and 185 miles to get back...

From pictures I've seen, Maine is a good place to get lost. Except perhaps in the Winter.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

From pictures I've seen, Maine is a good place to get lost. Except perhaps in the Winter.

Much of it, yes. I went cross-country to Route 9, aka "The Airline". Nice road, right through the middle of nowhere from the Canadian Border with New Brunswick to Bangor. Newly paved, gorgeous scenery, light traffic. Snuck through the back streets of Bangor and got on Alternate 1 and then down the West side of the Penobscot River through the willy-wags to Belfast. Again, that was just perfect, very little traffic, nice and cool, bright, sunny day.

Belfast to home, not so much. The most direct route is Coastal Route 1 which is a friggin nightmare from ice-out to Christmas. Bumper to bumper tourists, "yard sales" and flea markets every half mile.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Worse places to get lost.

Posts: 17236 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You seriously need to update the maps on your GPS...

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Where's the fun in that? Smile

Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Not all who wander are lost...

Posts: 11841 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ride the lightning
Picture of Killer Instincts
posted Hide Post
Isn't that just the worst? Wink

Posts: 2167 | Location: Underway | Registered: March 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My bike would get me lost all the time. I swear it had Alzheimer's. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had that problem many times when I worked the second shift. Took me just 20 minutes on the motorcycle to get to work.

And 2-3 hours to ride home after work.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
My bike would get me lost all the time. I swear it had Alzheimer's. Big Grin

Jim

Hah! Ima steal that!

Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Dang motorcycles just do that all the time it seems. Totally unreliable. Smile Smile

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
In college, my CB750 would sometimes get me so lost it would require a motel stay....

Posts: 6304 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
Razz

Reminds me of my wife one time. She insisted "they" moved the entire city of Greensboro

HA! That's funny.

Posts: 2693 | Registered: November 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yup. Motorcycles be like that. I get lost for 150 to 200 miles a week. Don't tell the wife my bike has GPS.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some times the scenic route is the only option. I've been known to take 1.5 hours to get home from work. If I take the freeway it is only 30 mins. If i take the canyon down to PCH, then PCH home, it sadly Wink takes 1.5 hours.

Posts: 57 | Registered: November 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My boat has the same problem. It can never find the dock when it's time to come home.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8217 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Funny that this never happens when you're in a car.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16351 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KShooter:
Razz

They don't move but they are greedy and keep expanding and trying to take in every area they can get, i'm surprised they haven't tried to annex my city next door. LOL!

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post