SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Executer of the will
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Executer of the will Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
Thanks for the reply's My wife is 1/7 on the receiving end of this inheritance which since we have been married 33 years, I think I might get 50 cents or something. Smile

Maybe, maybe not. Inheritances are often held separate when dividing up assets, unless the assets have been comingled. Wink

So You're saying I still have to be nice to her? Don't let her see this. Smile

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I cannot speak to your specific situation but I know in my families (my dad) it is set up to be very transparent however we (myself and siblings) decided to add language that specifies that spouses are not privy to any info and have no "voice" in any decisions.

well at least yours's is transparent, this is like seven people who's names are on the bank account but only one person knows the balance, and she isn't speaking. Other then having the power over the other 6 including the other executer I don't see her point, but she is a self proclaimed bitch.

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
I cannot speak to your specific situation but I know in my families (my dad) it is set up to be very transparent however we (myself and siblings) decided to add language that specifies that spouses are not privy to any info and have no "voice" in any decisions.

This is kinda how my wife's family has handled their business, the spouses are kept out of it completely. I told my wife that I understand privacy, but that she doesn't need to make any decision that obliges our monies without full disclosure to me. We've had a longstanding agreement that any large $$ decisions have to be agreed upon by both of us, so I don't think it's unfair to at least ask that while my (parent) inlaws are alive and in need of any assistance (which I've always given 100%), I am not chained to a groupthink in which I have no voice.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
You, as a Brother-In-Law likely have no entitlement to know.

Your wife, an actual sibling, likely has more standing to know amounts, etc.

However, death / wills / money seems to bring out the worst in some people.

And how; the very worst. Have been thru it when my grandpas died. Went thru it when my father in law died. Try to make a will to avoid that for our kids.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
If you are a beneficiary, you are entitled to an accounting of assets and liabilities. The executor(s) have a fiduciary responsibility to do best regarding the estate's assets and beneficiaries. They may not know enough about all assets to give you a "final tally". I know with my dad I did most of the work settling the estate with the limited help from an attorney and their fiduciary. After the initial visit, they mainly looked over documents I drafted for signatures of the beneficiaries.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My grandparents asked me to be the executer because they assumed my mom would get steamrolled by her brother & I'm enough of a dick to handle it in style (grandma's words).
Ahh, family.

Posts: 3297 | Location: IN | Registered: January 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
If you are a beneficiary, you are entitled to an accounting of assets and liabilities. The executor(s) have a fiduciary responsibility to do best regarding the estate's assets and beneficiaries. They may not know enough about all assets to give you a "final tally". I know with my dad I did most of the work settling the estate with the limited help from an attorney and their fiduciary. After the initial visit, they mainly looked over documents I drafted for signatures of the beneficiaries.

that's kind of what I figured, my wife who is 1/7 beneficiary and should be entitled to the accounting of assets. honestly just think it's a power head game at this point.