SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another Dealership Rant
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Dealership Rant Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted
My son has a 2010 Honda Civic which we bought new. I changed the Struts and shocks at 50,000 as they seemed shot to me. Also did the alignment. He came home this weekend and said his drivers front end was sounded bad and bottoming out. I believe the strut is shot. The rear shocks are bouncing like a basket ball and are also shot. These were Monroe shocks. I bought from Rock Auto and have a limited lifetime warranty. We'll see how that goes when I send them back.

So, my son has a good job, not mechanically inclined and said why don't we call Honda and it is below $800, just let them do it. I called Honda, they want $2,000 for replacement and an alignment. No freakin way. I ordered KYB shocks and struts and will replace them next weekend and send the car out for a new alignment. New struts and shocks with tax and shipping ran me $380 dollars. I know labor is expensive, but $450 a tire plus alignment. Honda can bite me.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
$2,000? Yikes!

Makes me glad that I do my own stunts. The only time I can remember taking anything to the dealership was the Takata recall.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
$2,000? Yikes!

Makes me glad that I do my own stunts. The only time I can remember taking anything to the dealership was the Takata recall.

That is the only time I let the dealer do any work on the Honda. Being busy, I was foolish to think the dealer could do it for under $800. I have to do an axel seal on my pickup which involves taking out the CVX axel. It is just a little time consuming to do myself in my driveway. If the struts and shocks come in this week I will ask the shop class to do it for me. I end up buying close to $40 on Dunkin Donuts for the students, but it is worth it not to worry about doing it myself.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post