SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Jaybird X3 earbuds fail.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jaybird X3 earbuds fail. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Wanted some wireless earbuds to replace my Apple wired earbuds. After some research I bought the X3s.

Boy what a disappointment. They sound no better than dollar store junk. I tried until my ears got too sore and gave up trying to get them to work. Perhaps they just don't fit my ears. If I grab the bud and push and angle them down just perfectly and hold them the sound does improve quite a bit but still doesn't sound like I thought $100 buds should.

I was listening to Kid Rocks "All summer long" for testing. Strong base out of my Apple buds but almost nothing from the X3s. I even installed and played with the EQ in their app.

I can't believe how super critical the placement in the ear is... the wired apple buds just hang loose and sound fantastic, very full, bass and all. Was hoping to go wireless... but not the $$$ wireless apple ones.

I will try again tomorrow but it looks like these are going back. And yes I tried the included different size rubbers.

Perhaps it is partly loss from being wireless vs wired... IDK.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
It's the placement in the ear.
I have a pair of Bose plug in wired earbuds, fit great, sound great. I stepped up to a pair of Bose Soundsport Free wireless, same type of earpiece for fit as the wired. Issue is, the extra weight of the wireless cause the "seal" between my ear and the earpiece to come loose, and sound quality deteriorated to a tinny noise.
Beats Power Beats 3 work great, unless I wear glasses, then I cannot get a good seal in my ear because the earbuds have a clip that goes over your ear.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Same with the pair of BEATS I got at Costco, went back the next day. I was soooo disappointed in them. I still use my Apple with the cord

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
If the Apple earbuds fit your ear and you have an iPhone, then I would recommend ponying up for a pair of Apple AirPods.

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Probably not what you want but I buy whatever bluetooth headphones that are on the DailyDeals at Amazon the day I'm shopping for them. It's cheap and they work for me.

Here's a couple that are available today:

https://www.amazon.com/Symphon...mg_s-4_6000_82256656

https://www.amazon.com/AUKEY-B...mg_s-4_6000_e02399e7

They are both lightning deals, so they may expire at anytime, but there is always another one available.

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input...

Will return these.

May rethink the apple ones, but like Paten's idea too...

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've tried several different and after much disappointment picked up the airpods, they are $139 at Costco right now and my carrier matched it..Love or hate apple i have found that they do the important things really well without all the frills

Posts: 339 | Location: Lower Alabama | Registered: November 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post