SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I don't want to see 36 items per page, I want to see ALL the times per page.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't want to see 36 items per page, I want to see ALL the times per page. Login/Join 
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted
It's 2018, I have broadband, if I want to see all the items at one time, let me see them all! I'm not scrolling through 50+ pages of 36 items each!

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Yeah back when internet was much slower it made sense. But now I think that by default at least 100 items should show.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
On these type of pages I have noticed that sometimes I can change the default number of items to display in a drop down menu in the upper right corner of the list.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail in a different thread:
Have your website done by the lowest bidder? This is the kind of garbage that you get.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Some sites do have a drop-down that can let you view X number of items, or sometimes all of them.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the ones I'm talking about have 36 set as the highest choice in the dropdown list. Palmetto State Armory is like this.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
36? I still visit websites that have their default set to 10.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Palmetto State Armory

You're right! Actually I'm seeing 30 as their maximum number of items per page. Are you FKM, Palmetto?

"Show [9-15-30] per page"

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16266 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maybe it has to do with the server side of it. Maybe they pay bandwidth usage, and showing a limited number of items reduces the traffic they pay for.

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Like google anymore... if it ain't on the first page, what you are looking for probably ain't there anyway. Big Grin

But yea, at least give me the option to see all...
and while you are at it, put that option at the TOP of the page as well, instead of just at the bottom.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I agree with the spirit of the rant, but with the addendum that I would rather have multiple pages than endless scrolling.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post