SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    OpticsPlanet... Grrr...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OpticsPlanet... Grrr... Login/Join 
Picture of Sammael
posted
Greetings from OpticsPlanet.com!

Thank you again for your purchase. We're processing your order and have an update for you. We are happy to inform you that the items below are in-stock and will be shipped immediately.
===============================================================
Qty 1: ***edited***
Qty 1: ***edited***
===============================================================

At this time, the following product(s) is not ready for shipment*:
==================================================================
Qty 1: American Defense Manufacturing AD-RECON Scope Mount, Tactical Lever, Black, 30mm, AD-RECON 30 TAC R - Estimated to ship within 17-26 days
==================================================================
They are very popular and hard to keep around. We do expect to receive the merchandise back in stock as indicated by the above lead time(s). Upon shipment, you will automatically be notified with tracking information.
===============================================

17-26 days??? The website didn't say anything about being out of stock when I ordered... at all.

But they so generously offered a whole 5% off my next order to make up for waiting nearly a month for an item they advertised as in stock.

Roll Eyes

I had also placed a previous order with them on the 30th of December for a Primary Arms 1-6.

That one didn't even get any sort of update whatsoever... Yes, I get that it has only been 6 days with holidays as well, but if they can update the one from last night with nearly a month lead time, I would think the first order would have been addressed as well... or maybe not.

So, a bit frustrated with the whole thing, I responded with the reply below:

Wow guys - 17-26 days? Really?

I also put in order #******** on the 30th of December with no update as of yet... Can you tell me what's going on with this one?

5% off isn't exactly a great incentive to make another purchase when you're talking about a potential delay of a month or so on one order, and no update whatsoever for 6 days on the other.

Please advise as to order #********* as well. It's likely that I can find another mount that you hopefully have in stock, depending on when I am going to see the Primary Arms 1-6x.

Regards

So yeah, nearly a month lead time seems a bit excessive to me, and the lack of response regarding the first order isn't a huge deal, but everything all together just seems like a rather slipshod way of running things.

I'm a believer in the fact that hiccups happen - but it's how a company handles them that counts.

As long as they make good on shipping the PA 1-6 in a decent time frame and allowing me to sub in a reasonable mount for it without any hassle, all is well - but we shall see.

I'm hoping they don't reply back with a canned response and no real offer of resolution to the situation.

Anyone else had similar dealings with Optics Planet?

Saying that the entire experience has been a bit frustrating is an understatement.

Thanks for letting me bitch about it.

Posts: 567 | Registered: August 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Optics Planet has been exposed numerous times here for pulling that shit.

I'm surprised you'd waste your time with them.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
Well, shit. : (

I was unaware it was that bad, as I don't frequent the 'pitch your bitch' section often.

In fact, this pissed me off enough to make my very first 'bitch thread', lol.

Chalk this up to me learning my lesson then, apparently.

posted Hide Post
This place is great for checking a company's reputation. Threads on this topic are pretty frequent, and I'd never hesitate to ask here before ordering something from a place I wasn't familiar with. You'll get straight information.

Optics Planet almost suckered me in a few years ago. They had something I wanted, on sale at a good price, but I passed after reading about it here. They're not far from me (50 miles, maybe?) and I won't even consider shopping in their warehouse store, because their reputation is so bad. I can imagine paying for something to be brought around from the warehouse, and being told it's backordered.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've been saying it for years. They pay companies like Google so that their name comes up at the top of searches, and then Optics Planet proceeds to bugger you without so much as a kiss. They don't care, they don't stock items, they lie to you when you ask about items being in stock. They are unethical and not worthy of your business.

I wouldn't do business with Optics Planet under any circumstances, and now you have an idea of why.

A few years ago, some rep from Optics Planet came into the forum and gave us all this BS about how they really care and how they really want to listen so that they can do a "better job".

What a complete crock of shit. This person stopped responding and simply disappeared when members started telling them about actual, specific issues. Imagine that. Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
Well, they suckered me in with a deal on the PA Gen III 1-6x w/ ACSS. That's how it started.

It was 260 w/ a $40 Gift Cert Code that stacked with additional discount codes, so that was it for me.

Cheapest I had seen them to date was around 269ish, with prices staying pretty static at 289, so 260 plus the 40 - and also knowing that they would stack on future purchases (like the mount in question came out to 91 bucks shipped - excellent price for an ADM Recon)... I jumped.

However, great pricing doesn't mean shit when your items don't hit your hands for a fucking month, despite them showing as in stock when they were ordered.

Dicks. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sammael:
Well, they suckered me in with a deal on the PA Gen III 1-6x w/ ACSS. That's how it started.

Dicks. Big Grin

At least you retain your sense of humor after all, good on ya. Wink

<><
America, Land of the Free - because of the Brave

Posts: 1925 | Location: Goodbye, so. Fla. | Registered: January 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
In those reviews, you can see what I'm talking about. Optics Planet stocks nothing. When you place an order, they order that item from the distributor/manufacturer/whomever, and when you try to inquire, they stonewall you. They are unethical and deceptive and do not deserve one penny of your money.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
I hear ya, Para.

After I get my shit, they won't, either.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sammael:
I hear ya, Para.

After I get my shit, they won't, either.

Why in the world wouldn't you simply cancel the order, reverse the charges with your credit card company, and move on to a legit firm?

This way you get your shit and lose the stress of what will be an interminable wait.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sammael
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Why in the world wouldn't you simply cancel the order, reverse the charges with your credit card company, and move on to a legit firm?

This way you get your shit and lose the stress of what will be an interminable wait.

Well, at this point finding the gear at the prices listed above at another vendor, calling the CC folks, and then fighting with the OpticsPlanet dicks about cancelling would likely be more of a hassle than either waiting it out for the ADM mount, or grabbing an equivalent mount that they actually have in stock... like for real in stock, no bullshit.

By the way, just got the tracking email on the PA 1-6, so perhaps all is not lost.

I'll give them a fair chance to make it right, and then move on, chalking all of this up to a lesson learned.

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Para is dead on. Companies pay Google to fuck with the algorithm to put them numero uno in a part search. It’s shady. I do a lot of business with Manventure Outpost and a lot of times they’ll need to order said item but they let you know and are honest. They destroy others on firearm related stuff so I don’t care and will wait. And they are up front and honest. Optics Planet is a sham. We almost need a sticky PSA because people here keep falling into the trap.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only order thing that are listed in stock and so far I've been lucky. I wanted a small compact grip module for my 320 and they're still listed over a month out it says.

It's kids like you, who make this bus late.

Posts: 884 | Location: Weirton,WV | Registered: April 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You guys are novices at getting screwed. Me, I did it up right the first time I ordered from them. I did need my binoculars fast. Not being one of the modern types who trusted on line ordering, I did it by phone. Then I really got screwed. Because I needed it fast, I gave into their next day shipping scam. Guaranteed! (Any body know what guaranteed means?) When I called screaming, the girl just told me that once they "picked" it, they'd ship it next day. It got the same "picking" priority as anything else. Fun. But the good news is they somehow managed to get the next day guarantee to the point where I did receive it in 6 days, early enough to take along.

There are no rules that require anyone to honor promises. Or act ethically. Bad actors are free to do as they please. We're left trusting.

As others have said, it has a lot of the characteristics of a scam operation. They use false advertising to suck us in, then screw us at will.

So if you're not in a hurry, and they do have the best price after shipping, go ahead.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dvor is part of Optics Planet too...

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1210 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
I have never seen a thread on any forum about Optics Planet that was not a complaint. Their only product is suck.

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Don't look to them if you need any assistance with a defective item also. When I called them about a problem they bordered on useless.

We went around and around, O/P finally gave me a phone number and told me to call the manufacturer. I countered with a question on why they would not handle this, might as well talk to the wall.

The manufacturer was surprised how this went down. They stepped up and replaced the item though.

Never again from them shall I order.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8066 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I have in the past seen OP's name as a seller on Amazon.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post