SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Half sheet paper towels
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Half sheet paper towels Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Let's be honest, though, they are not half sheets. If they were, I wouldn't have a rant because I could simply use two.

No, they are about 3/5 sheets. Too small to do anything with and too large to use two and you end up wasting them.

Dammit! Just give me back my full sheet paper towels.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Brand?

We usually get the 1/2 sheet Bounty and find the 1/2 sheet size is good for a lot of small tasks.

I also use them in the garage/shop and wind up tearing off about 3 feet worth when I need a Wet Cleanup On Aisle Three...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Brand?

We usually get the 1/2 sheet Bounty and find the 1/2 sheet size is good for a lot of small tasks.

I also use them in the garage/shop and wind up tearing off about 3 feet worth when I need a Wet Cleanup On Aisle Three...

Same here.

I love the Bounty half sheet rolls.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Yep, just use 3 of those 'shorties'.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was really glad when Kirkland switched to half sheets. Previously, they were more like 1.25 sheets and more jobs seemed to need a half than a whole.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Can't you just buy the full sheet paper towels instead? They still sell them.

Posts: 3369 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I buy in bulk from Costco. They stopped selling the full sheets awhile back. Used to be you could still find them there but not anymore.

Bastards. Mad

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
+1

Really loved the full sheet Kirkland brand paper towels.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Rough Kleenex size is about it.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
funny I was complaining to the wife about the full sheet towels she bought at the grocery when we were out of the 1/2 sheet kirkland towels between costco runs.

Felt like you ended up burning through the full sheet rolls in no time..

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I HATE the full size ones - we use paper towels as napkins - the full size are a complete waste so then I have to tear them in half so they the roll isn't empty in a couple days. I was always replacing the full sheet rolls. Yes - I know - first world problems - having to tear a paper towel in half, but I'd much rather have the option to make a nice clean/easy tear!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
I go to a local restaurant supply store and buy a case of generic c-folds. Perfect size, wayyy cheaper than roll paper towels. Stick a stack in the kitchen, bathroom, office. A case lasts me for several months. And I'm not stingy with paper towels.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I buy in bulk from Costco. They stopped selling the full sheets awhile back. Used to be you could still find them there but not anymore.

Bastards. Mad

Yep. I ALWAYS bought the full-size Bounty sheets when I had a choice.
Now, I don't have a choice (at Costco, anyway).

Bastards. Mad

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
1/2 sheet Bounty is all I buy.

How about just sending yours to me? E-mail me for my shipping address.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Hell, I'll often rip a 1/2 sheet in half Smile I'm a thrifty bastard...

I rarely used a full sheet paper towel. The half sheets are perfect for our housebold.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I hate hate hate the "pick a size" paper towels. The full sheet ones are getting harder and harder to find and I was pissed that Costco stopped carrying them. But Costco has stopped carrying a lot of stuff I really liked.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I hate the stupid select-a-size paper towels. Give me a GD full sized sheet! The Food Lion by my house doesn't sell full sized sheets in their mega packs of bounty. Pisses me off, I then have to decide if it's worth it to me to buy a smaller package with higher cost per unit price or deal with these stupid have sheets.

Bounty if you are listening I have thumbs and forefingers. If I want a half sheet I am fully capable of making my own half sheet!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
crazy heart
Picture of mod29
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2010Challenger:
I hate hate hate the "pick a size" paper towels. The full sheet ones are getting harder and harder to find and I was pissed that Costco stopped carrying them. But Costco has stopped carrying a lot of stuff I really liked.

Yep, it's a fucking scam!
You have to double-up the pick-a-size to have enough paper towel to do anything, and that is more paper towel than one full-size sheet.

So you end up using more.

It's a conspiracy! Mad

Posts: 1779 | Location: WA | Registered: January 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't believe the number of respondents here who actually prefer half sheets. Count me in with the OP .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't believe the number of respondents here who actually prefer half sheets. Count me in with the OP .

+1

At least Costco still has full width Charmin. Hate the skinny Charmin at grocery stores.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4250 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post