SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Generac Customer Service
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Generac Customer Service Login/Join 
posted
About a 16 months ago I bought a new Generac pressure washer from Home Depot and it has worked great since then...until 2 weeks ago.

When cleaning my patio it started sputtering/spitting and losing pressure on and off but then cleared up. I finished what I was doing and called Generac. I was told it sounded like a dump valve and to bring it to a service center as i was well within warranty. Loaded it up and off I went!

Today I get a call from said service center telling me that they tried to order a dump valve but Generac says they wont cover because service place cannot duplicate issue. The tech agreed 100% that it sounds like a dump valve and the Generac is just being difficult. I called Generac and spoke to the bitch to end all bitches who told me that its not her fault I brought it somewhere and if Generac wont pay then I have to pay for any repairs...WFT?

I told her that I only took it there because they A) told me to and B) told me it was still under full warranty....I also told her that I will not come out of pocket a penny on this.

Just called the repair shop to share conversation with them and it sounds like Generac was already on the phone with them.

Not sure what i am going to do if they tell me tough shit but paying is not an option. I mnight call Home Depot corporate and/or their credit card co as I put it on my home depot charge.

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick update - Generac wont budge and told shop if they cannot produce the issue then the issue doesn't exist. Repair shop told me come get it no charge and suggested I keep phone with me when i use it and record if/when issue occurs again.

What really vexes me is that the repair shop seems to absolutely beleive me so i am not sure why they told Generac they could not produce problem?

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevmo:
Quick update - Generac wont budge and told shop if they cannot produce the issue then the issue doesn't exist. Repair shop told me come get it no charge and suggested I keep phone with me when i use it and record if/when issue occurs again.

What really vexes me is that the repair shop seems to absolutely beleive me so i am not sure why they told Generac they could not produce problem?

I deal with warranties for work. I always have to witness a problem before I can make a repair. That's just the way it works. With Generac specifically which I was for many years a Certified Repairman (generators), you have to show the problem to them to cover it. Pressure, voltage, and readings etc., or witness something not transferring/starting.

The reason for this is obvious, while it may sound like whatever a dump valve is, who pays if that doesn't solve problems? Let's say they replace it and next week, same problem. Now they have to pay twice to fix same failure.

It sucks to be the one driving the car to the mechanic to only have them tell you they couldn't reproduce the problem, but that's just how it works.

If you were out of warranty and they replaced the valve at your expense, then found out they replaced the wrong part when your problems returned a week later, would you want to pay for first repair? Obviously Generac doesn't want to.

Follow techs advice and film the failure as it happens.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah it sucks, but if every warranty company just went off what was said by a customer they would spend a ton of money on fraudlent claims.

Think if your car has 100k mile power train warranty and you went to the dealer at 95k miles and said my engine is making weird noises I want a new one... how do you think that conversation would go if they can’t get it to replicate any issues?

It sucks, but you can’t blame the company if there’s no proof of there actually being an issue.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, picked it up from service place Saturday and brought it home. Yesterday I wanted to do cars and driveway, fired it up and within 5 minutes same issue started all over again. This time I had my phone handy and filmed it.