SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Brother in law and cancer...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brother in law and cancer... Login/Join 
Picture of GarandGuy
posted
My brother in law is my age 36, and was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. He was treated with chemo and radiation and responded well. Surgery was scheduled for this month. Everything was looking as good as it could.

He went in for some new scans last week and they now found where it has spread to his lungs and possibly his lymph nodes. Doctors say he has a 9% chance to make it ten more years.

This guy has four young kids and living the American dream. My heart goes to him, his wife and my nieces and nephew.

I'm a religious guy and don't pretend to understand why and how God allows this, but what the hell!?!

I've got to admit that he seems to be taking it well, or he's still in shock. My poor wife, it's her older brother and she's taking it pretty hard.

My mom went through this with her bout of breast cancer but they caught it early.

Sorry, I've never vented on here before, just feels good typing this out. It just plain sucks!

Cancer can go to hell!

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your brother in law, Cancer is an evil killer,trying to figure out the why's of it is even worse. Be helpfu and supporting for him.
Spunk

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We Only Kneel
to Almighty God
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your Brother-in-law. I can tell you from experience, I will not understand how God works or why the young can be taken. Just do what you can for everyone involved.

Posts: 3427 | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Sad to have something like that, at a young age especially.
Not much to say but sorry to hear this and hopefully he is one of the 9%.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for the brother-in-law as well as the entire family on both sides. Any form of cancer can be devastating. ............... drill sgt.

Posts: 1952 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers for your wife and BIL.

Mom died of cancer, sister died of it in July of this year.
Brother had cancer and was declared cancer free in June.
My best friends wife has cancer now.
My sons Father in Law has cancer.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Cancer sucks and I don’t believe our health industry doesn’t know how to truly fight it; I think it is a money grab but I digress.

Your BIL, you, and your family are in my prayers.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Prayers for all. Cancer sucks!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry. Hopefully he can beat the odds, sounds like he was a wonderful wife and family to support him through that. Be strong for her and her family, to the best of your ability.
My thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I was diagnosed with colon cancer at 47, 15 years ago. Fortunately they caught it early but only because I had surgery scheduled for another reason and a pre-admission blood test alerted the doc that something else was going on. I lost an uncle to the same thing years earlier; in his case there were no symptoms whatever and they didn't know about it until it was too late to do anything. He died about six months later.

I'm not a religious man, but my thoughts and well wishes go out to your brother-in-law and to the rest of his family and yours.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent to him, his family, and you. Wish I could give you some words of wisdom but I got nothing. We have gone through cancer a number of times but it doesn't leave you with much knowledge to pass along.

Take care, Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
Just wanted to say that I appreciate the kind words and prayers.

Thank y’all.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1073 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
My brother in law is my age 36, and was diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer. He was treated with chemo and radiation and responded well. Surgery was scheduled for this month. Everything was looking as good as it could.

He went in for some new scans last week and they now found where it has spread to his lungs and possibly his lymph nodes. Doctors say he has a 9% chance to make it ten more years.

This guy has four young kids and living the American dream. My heart goes to him, his wife and my nieces and nephew.

I'm a religious guy and don't pretend to understand why and how God allows this, but what the hell!?!

I've got to admit that he seems to be taking it well, or he's still in shock. My poor wife, it's her older brother and she's taking it pretty hard.

My mom went through this with her bout of breast cancer but they caught it early.

Sorry, I've never vented on here before, just feels good typing this out. It just plain sucks!

Cancer can go to hell!

About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. Of 8? samples taken, 6 had cancer.

Fortunately, the lady doctor knew of a treatment that did not involve cutting for a cure.

It involved 39 treatments with X-RAYs. No cell damage, no radiation sickness.

Just a lot of driving to and from the treatments. Cancer was killed/removed, whatever, and I am still cancer free.

My best friend and woodcutting buddy next door came down with cancer shortly after I finished my treatments. He followed his doctors advice, which was a LOT of treatments with hot radiation. It killed him.

For those with cancer, I can most heartedly recommend that X-ray system.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Very sorry to hear that. Cancer sucks. Sending good thoughts your way.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Prayers up for your BIL and your wife...cancer is hard on all involved...I lost my wife of 36 years to complications from colon cancer 3 1/2 years ago...it’s been a hard road but God in His mercy has been a blessing to cope with my loss. May God strengthen your family while your BIL fights this scourge.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Praying for you and your family. Fuck cancer to the nth degree.

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
I wish him so much strength in his fight, please listen to him, talking about how he thinks and feels is very important.

Cancer does not dicriminate age wise.
At age 52, I developed neck cancer, luckily found early, starting chemo witin a week of finding out.

I don't know what else to say, I'm sorry he in in this condition, prayers going out to him and family.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post