SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apple you make it so hard for me to keep loving you ... <everyone still happy with their AirPods?>
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple you make it so hard for me to keep loving you ... <everyone still happy with their AirPods?> Login/Join 
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
Interesting. Did not know these existed.

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Muddflap:
They appear to be designed the same as the Apple wired earphones.

If that's true, I'll have to pass. After just a few minutes on the couch, the wired versions are falling out.

I was really wanting to try these, but for the price, I don't think I'll risk it.

Or hurt like a MoFo, making me rip them out.

Seriously, how do their normal earbuds not hurt everyone on the planet?

Is my tragus that much different than most other humans????

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I was at Samsung recently and saw the new S8 and S8+. If I need to replace my 6s, I'll be considering the new Samsungs.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12713 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I have a 6S also but waiting to see what the iPhone 8 will have, or not. Besides a $1000. price tag Eek

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really disappointed with the iPhone 7.... I hope they do something better soon because I've been a big iPhone guy for years but they are falling short and I need something to upgrade my iPhone 6 so hopefully they do something quick or in gonna be stuck with a Samsung :-(

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
I have a 6S also but waiting to see what the iPhone 8 will have, or not. Besides a $1000. price tag Eek

I went to Verizon today to trade in my 6s for the 7. Sales guy talked me out of it...said there is nothing worth upgrading to with the 7 and said to wait until the 8 comes out. Supposed to be a game changer.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:

I went to Verizon today to trade in my 6s for the 7. Sales guy talked me out of it...said there is nothing worth upgrading to with the 7 and said to wait until the 8 comes out. Supposed to be a game changer.

This is why I didn't upgrade to the 7.... they didn't change much of anything except the head phone jack (yes I'm sure they changed a couple other things, but nothing that makes it worth spending $800 on a new phone)

My problem is that apps keep getting bigger and taking up more space, these fancy nice cameras take more space for pictures so this 16G iPhone 6 isn't cutting it anymore so if Apple doesn't step up soon gonna have to change to Samsung, which I don't really want to do...

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
As of tomorrow, I'll have had my AirPods for two months.

These things are awesome! I am on the phone several hours every day for work and these things have made it so much better. I absolutely love them.

So damn nice.

The battery drains a hell of a lot faster when you're on the phone (vs. just listening to music) but they charge rapidly when needed.

Excellent, excellent product.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I got a pair of AirPods for my bday at the end of March. I mostly love them but there are a few things I don't like.

1. I hate having to use Siri to change the volume. I have learned to use different volume settings for each situation. When I'm out for a walk or run I'll use 'Siri set volume to 60%" or at me desk 50%.

2. I can't get over feeling like a total douche wearing them in public.

But! They are awesome, they sounds great and the battery case is much more handy than I thought it would be. I basically carry them in my pocket during the day. They are making me really consider getting rid of my Garmin and going with the apple watch. They are bit in the spendy side but I really enjoy them.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So I thought I lost one of my airpods in my apt. I usually store them in the case when I'm
Not using them but got lazy. I just went to find my iPhone app on the phone and since I was still in the apt I clicked on the AirPod icon and they started playing a succession of beeps that kept getting louder until the AirPod was found. Pretty cool!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
So I thought I lost one of my airpods in my apt. I usually store them in the case when I'm
Not using them but got lazy. I just went to find my iPhone app on the phone and since I was still in the apt I clicked on the AirPod icon and they started playing a succession of beeps that kept getting louder until the AirPod was found. Pretty cool!

I've heard about that function but have never needed to use it. Good to know.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
I went with powerbeats 3 instead. They are made by Apple and use the same tech as the new pods. They've been great. You can work out with them as they are made for it. They also seal fairly well, and have multiple ear insert sizes for you to choose from. Highly impressed. A guy at the gym has the Apple pods and they look so silly. Normally wouldn't care but they are that bad looking that I'd be embarrassed to wear them in public. And as well all know, the iphone supplied wired version suck and fall out of your ears easily. Got mine for $150 on Amazon, but used some points I had from one of the cards so got them for free.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

Reason enough for me not to want them. Luckily I use android and can use my $9.00 water resistant ear buds with it. Was mowing the lawn and it started raining yesterday. Know what I did? Didn't panic I was going to be out $170.

Also I like to listen to Nationals games on the radio (actually like to listen to it better than watch baseball). I don't have to worry if it goes into extra innings, my wired ones will never run out of juice.

Enjoy you iStuff guys.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

Reason enough for me not to want them. Luckily I use android and can use my $9.00 water resistant ear buds with it. Was mowing the lawn and it started raining yesterday. Know what I did? Didn't panic I was going to be out $170.

Also I like to listen to Nationals games on the radio (actually like to listen to it better than watch baseball). I don't have to worry if it goes into extra innings, my wired ones will never run out of juice.

Enjoy you iStuff guys.

Wireless ones don't get yanked out of years constantly either. I have gone running with my airpods when rainy. No issues.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
I went with powerbeats 3 instead. They are made by Apple and use the same tech as the new pods. They've been great. You can work out with them as they are made for it. They also seal fairly well, and have multiple ear insert sizes for you to choose from. Highly impressed. A guy at the gym has the Apple pods and they look so silly. Normally wouldn't care but they are that bad looking that I'd be embarrassed to wear them in public. And as well all know, the iphone supplied wired version suck and fall out of your ears easily. Got mine for $150 on Amazon, but used some points I had from one of the cards so got them for free.

I think it depends on the shape of your ear canals. The EarPods/AirPod shape is the only shape that doesn't hurt my ear canals after 30 min or so. They also never fall out. I have tried to get the to fall out but it hasn't happened yet.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
So when I went to Blade Show in Atlanta disaster struck. I was wearing work out shorts at lunch and the slippery charging case must have slipped out of my pocket at lunch. By the time I realized I was home in Pittsburgh already. Unfortunately since the airpods were in the charging case I couldn't use track my iPhone app to locate them. Basically I was SOL. I ordered another set that came in this week. After using them daily they became indispensable. So I think I have figured out how not to lose them again. A rubber case from Amazon to make then charging case stickier and less likely to slip out. The second measure was to add a Tile Mate to the charging case to be able to track it even if it's closed.

posted Hide Post
Bummer. Are they shipping quickly these days?

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Apple is still saying 6 weeks but I ordered mine from Best Buy and they came in 2

Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
I got the Bose SoundSport wireless headphones and love them. They are tethered together with a clip you can attach to your collar if you like and they "lock" comfortably in your ear.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I’ve worn out yet another Plantronics.

Heading to the Apple Store today...hope these are worth it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post