SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apple you make it so hard for me to keep loving you ... <everyone still happy with their AirPods?>
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple you make it so hard for me to keep loving you ... <everyone still happy with their AirPods?> Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted
The reviews are in and the new AirPods appear to be worth the $.

I see the commercial on TV nearly every night...FINE. Off to Best Buy - nope, Apple has not authorized BB to sell yet.

FINE. Off to the local Apple Store. Nope...out of stock...till around April 1st.

Well good luck Apple, I know you don't need my money, but I'm usually an impulse buyer and by April the $150 I had earmarked for this purchase will be long spent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
I was able to get 4 sets before Xmas. Just have to stay on top of Istocknow.com. And before you ask I only kept one set for myself. The rest were given as Xmas gifts. Yes they are worth the money.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
<And before you ask I only kept one set for myself>

LOL!!! Cause you know I was going to make you an offer!

Since I do have an iWatch, I am especially looking forward to be able to control them with it while I am at the gym or on my bike.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
As an alternative, maybe look into the Jaybird Freedom wireless earbuds?

Here's a review from a highly rated YouTuber:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiNSOLpC1-Y

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
How do they sound, Dusty?

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6997 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder. I just bought a pair from Apple's website. Says they won't deliver until March 15th. I'm guessing (hoping) I'll have them sooner than 6 weeks.

These will be great for work. I'm on conference calls / meetings all day and I hate when I hit the cord on my corded Apple Headphones and knock them out of my ears.

I'll just keep these AirPods downstairs in my basement office for work use.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
This has been Apple's m.o. forever. They release something in a very limited quantity, it gets sold out almost immediately, and then it takes months before it is available again.

It happens with everything they release.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dry-fly:
How do they sound, Dusty?

They sound just like the wired ones which for me is perfect. Where these things really shine is in phone calls. People tell me I sound better then when I actually talking into the phone. You can double your battery life if you use one at a time. I listen to a lot of podcasts so for me one at a time works just fine.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
This has been Apple's m.o. forever. They release something in a very limited quantity, it gets sold out almost immediately, and then it takes months before it is available again.

It happens with everything they release.

Well yeah, that's how long it takes to get them on a freighter, the freighter to get here from China and for them to get through customs. A month or longer.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My AirPods showed up today. Man these things are slick!

The pairing is instant and I love that they are auto-paired with my other iDevices. Seamless.

The engineering in the charging case is brilliant too. This is going to make my hours on the phone every day for work meetings so much better without wires.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
They appear to be designed the same as the Apple wired earphones.

If that's true, I'll have to pass. After just a few minutes on the couch, the wired versions are falling out.

I was really wanting to try these, but for the price, I don't think I'll risk it.

Posts: 3220 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yea I'm not sure how'd they fit when it comes to running/working out. They fit my ears great though while sitting and doing nothing Big Grin.

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Yea I'm not sure how'd they fit when it comes to running/working out. They fit my ears great though while sitting and doing nothing Big Grin.

I run with mine all the time and they never fall out. The wired ones didn't fall out either unless the wires was caught on something.

If you want to get a full 10 hour use with one charge use one at a time.

posted Hide Post
Mine are due in later this month. I ordered them early in February. Apple often has tight availability on newly launched stuff. It stinks but that's the way it is. Gotta take the slow boat from China before we can buy it.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Apple still sucks

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
Apple still sucks

Tell that to their stock holders

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
<UPDATE QUESTION>
Everyone still happy with their purchase?...have been waiting a bit too see what long term satisfaction is?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Apple peripherals have never disappointed me. I don't have the AirPods but I do have a pair of their new design earpods. I can't see how they'd be any less satisfactory as AirPods, so you should go ahead and get them.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
I'd be happier they stopped trying to fix what ain't broke, and worked on the shit that needs fixing.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got mine a little over a month ago and quite like them though my use is a bit unique. When I'm at my desk I use one of them to listen to music and keep the other ear free to hear whatever is going on in the office. Easily pauses when I pull it out to answer a call. No clutter with wires.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post