SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Apple you make it so hard for me to keep loving you ... <everyone still happy with their AirPods?>
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Apple you make it so hard for me to keep loving you ... <everyone still happy with their AirPods?> Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Apple Airpods user here. I use them in fitness center. Bluetooth signal connection with Ipod touch carries all thru out the large building.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
Going on just about a yearish now with mine. I use them everyday. I haven’t talked on my phone with it to my ear in forever. Well worth the money. They also sync with my iPad, MacBook Air and iMac.

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I bought...I love.

So far anyway....easiest bluetooth set up I've ever seen!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a set and don't care for them. They are a PITA to set up with anything that isn't apple. They have limited battery life and limited volume. I kinda wish I'd not have wasted my money on them.
Note: I work in noisy environments and listen to books on tape all day long so my requirements might be different than yours. If you only listen for a couple hours in quieter places their lightweight might be good for iPhone users........

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I came really close to buying a pair but went for the Beats X instead and have been really happy. They are comfortable, sound great and when I am not using them I can keep them around my next as opposed to having to fumble with a case

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I’m over the year-mark with mine now and they’re still excellent.

Apple hit a homerun here.

Rumor has it that Apple will soon release AirPods 2. Expected to be waterproof and potentially have noise-cancelling properties.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

Rumor has it that Apple will soon release AirPods 2. Expected to be waterproof and potentially have noise-cancelling properties.

Same here. Had mine since Feb 2017 and they have worked flawlessly. They’re selling so well there is still a 2 week wait time, last I heard.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3960 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Well yeah, that's how long it takes to get them on a freighter, the freighter to get here from China and for them to get through customs. A month or longer.

Everything I've ever ordered from Apple, that was not already in the US and which came from China, came by air, ->Anchorage AK ->KY, and then final shipment from there.

Posts: 10781 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
AirPods are in my future. I’m getting damned tired of the wires. But I’ve read that AirPods 2 are imminent. Will hold out for those.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
4 day review....how did I go without them? I’ll never know. Freaking fantastic.

Weird, I’m finding that even when I ‘feel’ like they are getting lose, they are not actually lose. Will do a few test runs on the stationary bike, but might try them out biking for real after all.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12315 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wired EarPods and wireless AirPods fall out of my ears with very little movement. I was actually able to test fit a set at the Apple store and I'm glad I did.

So I use Bose QC-30 wireless with variable noise cancellation. Great for air travel.

Posts: 4700 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
I really like the beats X - also owned by apple - so they pair fantastically and are more adjustable to your ears. worth a look..

https://www.amazon.com/BeatsX-...r=8-6&keywords=beats

quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
The reviews are in and the new AirPods appear to be worth the $.

I see the commercial on TV nearly every night...FINE. Off to Best Buy - nope, Apple has not authorized BB to sell yet.

FINE. Off to the local Apple Store. Nope...out of stock...till around April 1st.

Well good luck Apple, I know you don't need my money, but I'm usually an impulse buyer and by April the $150 I had earmarked for this purchase will be long spent.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/w7bk1L6XMeU" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rockchalk06
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:

Isn't the case supposed to be able to charge wirelessly?

Posts: 1363 | Location: OK | Registered: April 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Rumors are that AirPods 2 will have a wireless charging case.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8919 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I've had a pair of Airpods for about two months. So far, I've replaced the right pod, the case, and am now contemplating ditching it altogether because the left pod is glitching on me.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18022 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post