SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Just because I order something from your company
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just because I order something from your company Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Does NOT mean that you can flood my fucking email with dozens of emails per day. Knock it off you bastards!

Mad

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hi-power man
posted Hide Post
Unsubscribe, and you might see this
"it may take up to 90 days for your change to become effective"

High capacity is not an acceptable substitute for good marksmanship.

Posts: 869 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: December 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Does NOT mean that you can flood my fucking email with dozens of emails per day. Knock it off you bastards!

Well, yes, it does. Or at least it might. If you order online, there's often small print that says by ordering you agree to receive promotional emails. In fact (IANAL), there may be an implied agreement.

You should be able to opt out of these emails if the company is legitimate.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
You should be able to opt out of these emails if the company is legitimate.

Oh, yeah? How about all the e-mails I get from Midway USA that don't have an opt-out link on them?

(I don't mind those that show products they are selling, but for a couple years now they've been sending me daily e-mails that don't work on my computer and are essentially blank.)

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A company like Midway USA that values its customers will have a place in your account to change promotional preferences. In my case, I used to get several dozen emails per week from them but I changed my account preferences and get zero.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23259 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I tried that, but it appears I would have to create an account first. No, thanks, I'd rather continue to delete their spam rather than give them more data.

After all, this is about the least aggravating thing that happens to us, right? Not like last week when I tried to sign up for Youtube videos on a car-related subject and started receiving stuff about...umm...very athletic Asian girls.

Oh, wait! That wasn't aggravating, either! Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I need to unsubscribe from the PSA emails but can't seem to bring myself to.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15254 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
I have a gmail email account that is a throw away that I never check. I use it to give to companies that i don't want to hear from.

The only time i go into it is when i first deal with a company and know that they have sent me something important. After that, nope.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3851 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Many (most?) email clients have the ability to set "rules." For example, you might set a rule that any incoming email from Acme.com might be forwarded to coyote@roadRunner.com, or it could be sent straight to trash, automatically.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Unsubscribe, it usually works. BUT, the next time you order from them, it starts up again. Mad

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No spam filter?

Posts: 17145 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I need to unsubscribe from the PSA emails but can't seem to bring myself to.

That's a guilty pleasure of mine too. Wink

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm OK with emails for things like free shipping at Midway, or the Save $10 on $100 and stuff like that. Or notifications when stuff on my wish list comes in or goes down in price. Same with Best Buy on some things like special coupons for Elite members, special financing, etc.

But I am really hating the "you looked at this, don't you want it?", and "you left this in your cart, don't you want to buy it", and the "flash 4 hour sale!" or "one day only sale!" That's a guaranteed way to get me NOT to buy something.

What starts as a couple or useful emails a week turns into a dozen a day for a lot of stuff I have no interest in, and they should know that from my searches and browsing history right?

And when it gets too much, you just turn it off and stop buying at that place. Seems marketing will screw up anything if you let them. I suppose they have data that says all these extra emails generates more business, but annoying your customers will hurt you in the long run.

Then there's the "Save 15% on anything" except a huge list of almost every brand they sell.... what idiot thinks people fall for that?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post