SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women Drivers — Specifically My Wife!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women Drivers — Specifically My Wife!!! Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted
I just bought an extremely nice 2013 Honda Accord LX for my wife less than 3 weeks ago. Friday morning she is in the nearby McDonalds parking lot and clips a trashcan. These things are encased in concrete, so the damage was NOT insignificant!!!

I tried to see if it was something I could fix adequately by myself, but NO... she bent the fucking sheet metal on the right front quarter panel, so it’s going to require a visit to a local body shop for repairs! I will be SHOCKED if it costs less than $1,500 to fix!!!

This evening she actually tried to make a joke about it, but I gave a dirty look and tried to ignore her. Some days I just don’t know why I bother... Mad

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of mine used to scrape the side of the garage when she was trying to pull into it.
On the drivers side, no less.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
I was/am so angry about this that I really want to blow my top over it! I really was hoping she would take better care of this one than the last nice car I bought for her. Obviously I was incorrect... Frown

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I guess I'm lucky. My wife is an excellent driver. She's retired LEO, and took the EVOC course while still active (Emergency Vehicle Operator Course). She still drives like a cop (too fast), but I have full confidence riding with her, which is not the case with most other drivers when I'm a passenger.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Try riding with someone with a paralyzed right arm and they use the good one to drink their coffee, smoke a cigarette, adjust the radio all at the same time.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Can't say it is just the wimmins.

A few days ago I saw a guy backing up with the drivers door open and him hanging out the side of the truck to see where it was going. It was very entertaining as he had a 53' trailer.

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Had a customer come pulling in one day with the passenger side power mirror hanging....wife knocked it off backing out of the garage. Ordered not cheap mirror, installed it and sent him on his way later the next day.

A week or so later he comes in with drives side mirror hanging....she knocked it off backing out making sure not to hit the passenger side mirror. Repeat above process for even more expensive heated, auto dimming, with turn signals mirror!

I kid you not, 2 weeks later he comes pulling in with BOTH mirrors hanging! Threw the keys at me and told me to not say a word!! LOL Seems she knocked one off backing out of the garage...the noise scared her so she pulled back into the garage....and knocked the other mirror off!!

She is not allowed to pull in or out of the garage to this day!! That was 10 or so years ago!!

Still waters run deep, so careful I don't drown you.

Posts: 146 | Location: Grantville, Ga | Registered: June 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Her car? Let her fix / pay for it.

That's the way it works around here.

Amazing how fast shit changes when it's car repairs instead of mani/pedis or new purses & shit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
I am quite clean, careful and meticulous with my vehicles. My wife, not so much. Her opinion... "it's just a thing" I do insist she/we keep it mechanically sound and in good working order (2013 Honda Pilot with 90K) she and the kids are responsible for when it needs cleaning inside and out.
She is not allowed to use my Santa Fe.

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
My wife's car issues happen in parking lots. Fate, or the shopping cart/body shop cartel have it in for her. She can park her car in the middle of nowhere and a shopping cart, or something, will find it Frown

But, speaking of women drivers: Is it just me, or are women drivers much more aggressive in traffic than men, these days? Particularly in merging lanes, where it seems I'm far more likely to have a woman either prevent me from merging in front of her or jam herself in front of me than a man.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Years ago, my next door neighbors wife backed through their closed garage door. What a mess.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
Years ago, my next door neighbors wife backed through their closed garage door. What a mess.

A doctor friend of mine (not female) has done that twice. Closest I came was years ago, backing a Ford Explorer out of the garage with the glass rear hatch up. That resulted in a cargo area full of small glass pellets and two limply hanging pistons. That's when you wish life had a rewind button .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Her car? Let her fix / pay for it.

That's the way it works around here.

Amazing how fast shit changes when it's car repairs instead of mani/pedis or new purses & shit.

A few years ago at a weekend motorcycle event, a girl dropped her Harley Sportster while attempting to park it.

She wanted me to pick it up.

I told her: "Your motorcycle, you dropped it so you pick it up".

She did, but I was "Mr Meenie Bastard" for the rest of the weekend.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
My wife ripped the driver side mirror off our suburban backing out of the garage. I replaced it with an aftermarket unit that turned out to be a cheap, floppy POS that doesn't adjust as far as the factory one did...no problem for her at 5'3", but a PITA for me at 6'5".

Then a couple of weeks later, I noticed some gouges and scratches on the front fender. Driver side again. Turns out she hit the mailbox while checking the mail. And this is why "her" car is a rustbucket Impala...

Posts: 8416 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My ex uses tires and rims to kill curbs. A lot of dead curbs in several states.

She's the Serial Curb Killer.

But she always stops to help turtles, so she gets a pass.

(and one of her best friends is a cop, and the X actually backed out of her friend's driveway and hit her friend's unit.)

"Hon?! Prowler's gotta dent!"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
One of mine used to scrape the side of the garage when she was trying to pull into it.
On the drivers side, no less.

My wife is on her 3rd generation of Yukon. We have a 3 car garage, all single entry and all built big enough to pull an F-250 crew cab into. By my request, specified for her.

All 3 have hit the passenger front fender and side mirror multiple times. She pulled my truck in one day for me-no, I didnt ask her to-and hit my right rear side on the garage.... Mad

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 66tas:
Had a customer come pulling in one day with the passenger side power mirror hanging....wife knocked it off backing out of the garage. Ordered not cheap mirror, installed it and sent him on his way later the next day.

A week or so later he comes in with drives side mirror hanging....she knocked it off backing out making sure not to hit the passenger side mirror. Repeat above process for even more expensive heated, auto dimming, with turn signals mirror!

I kid you not, 2 weeks later he comes pulling in with BOTH mirrors hanging! Threw the keys at me and told me to not say a word!! LOL Seems she knocked one off backing out of the garage...the noise scared her so she pulled back into the garage....and knocked the other mirror off!!

She is not allowed to pull in or out of the garage to this day!! That was 10 or so years ago!!

I'da probably got killified. I would have lost it completely and been literally rolling around on the ground laughing.

Unless of course, it was my wife and my car...

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Years ago my ex-wife backed my truck into her Blazer with its driver side door open.

Turned my truck's door into a taco.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34082 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Now I'll take the car to get fixed, but I get her CC before walking out the door.

Funny how the popped tires from hitting curbs have stopped occurring, the broken mirrors never happen anymore, and I hear about car issues early "The brakes are mushy; I hear this noise", etc, etc.

Coddle them like babies and it'll never change.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
My wife drives by feel. when she destroys a bumper or a fender she doesn't say anything any more. When I see it I also keep quiet. depending on the severity of the damage I'll either get it fixed right away or let the incidences pile up. Then I take the car to the collison shop. The guy there knows the drill well now. Go around the car and do what ever is necessary to clean it all up. we've been through this routine enough times where he doesn't even comment any more. The good news is her car looks new about half the time. I'm just glad she tends to hit inanimate objects rather than other peoples cars. The insurance would have dumped us long ago. It used to bug me but then I decided, she puts up with my crap so I deal with hers. life is good

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post