SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Women Drivers — Specifically My Wife!!!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Women Drivers — Specifically My Wife!!! Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
back in 1975 , we had a neighbor who took the keys away from his wife, told her she did not have the ability to drive safely, regardless of what the driver's lic. people said.

for the next 16 years he drove her where ever and when ever she wanted .

he was glad that she was safe , she was glad to be driven and no one ever heard a negative word between them .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Waiting for Darth to reply. Big Grin

My wife's never hit anything since I've known her and pays her own car payment and maintenance and I take care of mine. I'm very happy I don't have to worry about this stuff. My wife is Asian, but a good driver, bit of an anomaly.

Ex wife managed to bash in all four corners of my car and one side. 1" of slush on the highway, between the lanes only, road clear, above freezing. She goes to switch lanes and hit the slush between the lanes spins out somehow. Did a half dozen 360s bouncing of the concrete barriers, since the slush was all along to undriven shoulders. Ever single turn signal, corner marker, and break light was destroyed. Finished up by sliding 20-30' with driver's side against jersey wall. First two spins felt like I was in matrix dogging bullets in slow motion. Cars wizing by all directions, somehow they all safely swerved around us and my car was only damaged. Pulled over grabbed claw hammer out of trunk pulled the fenders out that were rubbing on tires. Finished the trip with a car that MadMaxx would have been ashamed to drive, total loss from simply changing lanes.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slight thread derail, brought to mind by 92fstech:
I too once owned a Suburban. IIRC, a 48 gallon gas tank was aboard. Wife always to drive it and so I let her. When I would go to to blast off in it (it was the size of an Atlas rocket) the 48 gallon tank was.... Empty! Bone dry. All 48 gallons gone!
I would ask my bride how this could occur. She told me she did not want to refuel the beast as it took too long and her hands then smelled like gas.
Frown It all started going bad when we gave them the vote!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
back in 1975 , we had a neighbor who took the keys away from his wife, told her she did not have the ability to drive safely, regardless of what the driver's lic. people said.

for the next 16 years he drove her where ever and when ever she wanted .

he was glad that she was safe , she was glad to be driven and no one ever heard a negative word between them .

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
OK what happened in 1991?

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK what happened in 1991?

Wondering the same thing. I figure someone passed away, they moved, or they divorced.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wondering the same thing. I figure someone passed away, they moved, or they divorced

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yeah like Paul Harvey and now the rest of the story.....

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I was just thinking of the member who’s wife tends to hit shit every other month. I think yearly calculations might need to be done, and just Uber 100% of the time.

Another reason I am not married. You broke it, you fix it, with your own money, not mine!

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

My wife's never hit anything since I've known her and pays her own car payment and maintenance and I take care of mine. I'm very happy I don't have to worry about this stuff. My wife is Asian, but a good driver, bit of an anomaly.

Ex wife managed to bash in all four corners of my car and one side. 1" of slush on the highway, between the lanes only, road clear, above freezing. She goes to switch lanes and hit the slush between the lanes spins out somehow. Did a half dozen 360s bouncing of the concrete barriers, since the slush was all along to undriven shoulders. Ever single turn signal, corner marker, and break light was destroyed. Finished up by sliding 20-30' with driver's side against jersey wall. First two spins felt like I was in matrix dogging bullets in slow motion. Cars wizing by all directions, somehow they all safely swerved around us and my car was only damaged. Pulled over grabbed claw hammer out of trunk pulled the fenders out that were rubbing on tires. Finished the trip with a car that MadMaxx would have been ashamed to drive, total loss from simply changing lanes.

Multiple 360’s tells me she just slammed on the brakes and closed her eyes. Lol

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You guys need to count your blessings. My wife managed to wreck two of our cars in the driveway in front of the house and she was not behind the wheel of either car when the accident occurred. I know it sounds unbelievable so let me explain.

She was going to drive my car (manual trans) to run errands. Started it and released the e-brake and then decided she was going to take her car instead. Left the car sitting at the crest of the hill in front of the house in neutral and e-brake still off. Leaves in her car, comes back home and parks next to my car. Sometime in the next several hours, the rotation of the earth causes my car to start rolling forward. My car clips her car as it rolls past. Does about $1K to the RF corner of her car and tears the entire left side off my car to the tune of $5K. I had to eat the deductible on both cars. It's a legendary story in our neighborhood.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More persistent
than capable
posted Hide Post
A friends wife pushed the 911 Turbo through the back wall of the garage with her Bronco.

Women drivers, no survivors

Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you suck forever.

Posts: 1083 | Location: North | Registered: August 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nasig:
My wife drives by feel. when she destroys a bumper or a fender she doesn't say anything any more. When I see it I also keep quiet. depending on the severity of the damage I'll either get it fixed right away or let the incidences pile up. Then I take the car to the collison shop. The guy there knows the drill well now. Go around the car and do what ever is necessary to clean it all up. we've been through this routine enough times where he doesn't even comment any more. The good news is her car looks new about half the time. I'm just glad she tends to hit inanimate objects rather than other peoples cars. The insurance would have dumped us long ago. It used to bug me but then I decided, she puts up with my crap so I deal with hers. life is good

You're supposed to drive by sight, she knows that right? Big Grin

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sunburn:
A friends wife pushed the 911 Turbo through the back wall of the garage with her Bronco.

THAT is grounds for Divorce.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
It could be worse.

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Oldrider
posted Hide Post
I worked in GM dealerships upon getting discharged from the Army. Lots of weird customers. Most memorable was the couple where the husband received a big promotion and traded his car in for his dream car; 1974 Impala Super Sport convertible. Sharp looking car. His baby.
Wife brings it in one morning with the passenger side completely wiped out from to back; probably hit a guardrail. Couldn't even open the passenger door. She wanted a new side trim molding installed. Her reasoning was if the molding trim was still there he wouldn't think it was that bad.

Posts: 360 | Location: Outinthesticks | Registered: October 08, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
It could be worse.

Wow!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Slight thread derail, brought to mind by 92fstech:
I too once owned a Suburban. IIRC, a 48 gallon gas tank was aboard. Wife always to drive it and so I let her. When I would go to to blast off in it (it was the size of an Atlas rocket) the 48 gallon tank was.... Empty! Bone dry. All 48 gallons gone!
I would ask my bride how this could occur. She told me she did not want to refuel the beast as it took too long and her hands then smelled like gas.
Frown It all started going bad when we gave them the vote!

I have a buddy that used to have an F150 with dual tanks, a Nissan Pathfinder and his wife drove a Mustang. Between all 3 there was about 80-90 gallons of gas in play if all tanks were full. He would travel for business and on more than one occasion return home to all tanks being dry with her having similar excuses....they have divorced for a few years now

Posts: 3987 | Location: Peoria, AZ | Registered: November 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
With the 2017 CRV she drives hit two things already for no good reason. The 1st was a pedestrian sign in the road by a crosswalk, about $1700.

The 2nd was a cement encased pole in a parking lot, night, raining. That one I went through insurance, over $5k total.

There is a fresh ding from a shopping cart, not really her fault though. Yes, I probably drive over twice the miles she does.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My wife is obviously a good driver, she’s had no accidents or tickets, but she still scares the shit out of me when she’s behind the wheel. This, of course, makes her mad.

When she passes on a divided highway, she drives up too close to the car she wants to pass. She doesn’t seem to look down the road and anticipate potential problems. She doesn’t take her foot off the gas approaching a stop and ease on the brakes, so she makes me rock forward when she comes to a stop.

Her driving record says she’s better than good, but my experience in the passenger seat says otherwise.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
My wife is obviously a good driver, she’s had no accidents or tickets, but she still scares the shit out of me when she’s behind the wheel. This, of course, makes her mad.

When she passes on a divided highway, she drives up too close to the car she wants to pass. She doesn’t seem to look down the road and anticipate potential problems. She doesn’t take her foot off the gas approaching a stop and ease on the brakes, so she makes me rock forward when she comes to a stop.

Her driving record says she’s better than good, but my experience in the passenger seat says otherwise.

^^^^^^^^Needs No Explanation Whatsoever!!!^^^^^^

Last time I drove with my wife (which is very very rare) I asked her in advance, please just drive civilized. This gets her pissed, but at least it's outta the way in advance. On the way home it's now nighttime and we're approaching a 4-way stop. My thinking..."should I mention that she's going awful fast to stop" so, I just avoid the comment....ZIP, right through! A short distance away, I gained composure and asked, did you see that stop sign you just blasted through?

Her comment...What stop sign Eek

I give up, but to avoid the arguments, I just stay out of her passenger seat Razz

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
My wife kept driving after smoke was pouring out of the engine compartment.

$5000 for another engine. (installed).

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post