SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What word irritates you the most?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What word irritates you the most? Login/Join 
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
"Irregardless"...no such word.

^^^^THIS^^^^

Me three. But UNFORTUNATELY, it evidently has been used wrong for so long that it IS now a word. How I weep for the English Language.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
sold out

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
What word irritates you the most?

Many contenders, but for me, nothing is more irritating than seeing the word "fitment" used incorrectly 100% of the time. Mad

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
Like um, you know.

Just "you know" interjected in a question-like fashion between every. single. sentence.

No, I don't know. Why don't you tell me?

Better yet, shut up and go away.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Like, um, I was like playing Nintendo and I was like playing Zelda cause I like the sword like okay. Then I was like attacked by a likelike okay... Mad

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Offended

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
Can I do words?

My bad Mad

I can't stand it and have no idea how, or why, it replaced "I'm sorry" or "I apologize". ... Roll Eyes

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
"like" as a filler word.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Conversate, for conversation.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cool.
Unless it's to do with refrigeration or beer.

Posts: 420 | Registered: February 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Wife. Is that cheating?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to grow up now
Picture of George85019
posted Hide Post
Cool Beans!
Sorry, I couldn’t resist Wink

NO SIGnature

Posts: 2050 | Location: London, OH | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Scaleable

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Antifa.
The opposite of what they think it means.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"net new" What's wrong with just "new"? Okay, it's 2 words.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Any lefty Whoose name contains a " - " in it.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Outraged

No one can be annoyed, irritated, disgusted or angry anymore. No. . .they have to be OUTRAGED!

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PKFan:
"net new" What's wrong with just "new"? Okay, it's 2 words.

Or "net net". I just don't get it.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enjoy Computer Living
Picture of LoungeChair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
Although there are many, I'll have to go with DIVERSITY.

Apparently this means anyone who isn't white. Particularly anyone who isn't a heterosexual male white person.

I second DIVERSITY. It drives me nuts and always has.
I have to add that I am pretty appalled by your use of the words heterosexual and white. Rather than abuse others with words created by the oppressive patriarchy to extend its world domination, I offer that we should stick to the PC preferred "cisgendered" and "occidental" when referring persons of straightness and whiteness.

-Loungechair

Posts: 674 | Registered: October 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
Business jargon. I hate it and it sounds so friggin' stupid. In my company, people say things like:

What is your ask? (What do you want?)

What are the deliverables for this project? (What are we expected to produce?)

We will action your request soon. (We'll do what you told us to do soon.)

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post