SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    What word irritates you the most?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What word irritates you the most? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
wow ! three pages,

I have been too orientations
I know how to orient stuff,
and I can tell you how stuff is oriented.

I wince when they say orientated

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deserve.....

Posts: 59 | Location: jackson, California | Registered: April 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Mainstream.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Killified

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
Adversity, as in overcoming adversity.

Posts: 5733 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Clip.

As in, "Yo man, yoz guys sells clips for my High Point?"

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Supposably. It makes my eye twitch so hard!

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
"Irregardless"...no such word.

This.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Disrespected

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
"Basically".

Are you implying that I am too stupid to understand what you are trying to explain to me, so you have to dumb it down in order for me to understand what you're saying?

Posts: 9001 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyways...

Posts: 563 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: February 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
I am going to try and fix the car today
No. You are going to try TO fix the car

So I decided to trade in my car
I decided to trade....

So is another filler word that adds nothing to the sentence but it's a loosing battle just as saying loosing when you mean losing. Probably one of most misused word on the net

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Justice. The word has lost its meaning

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Migrant.

Even Fox News has been suckered into using the word to describe illegal aliens, criminals, anyone of foreign birth who has the will to come here and break line to get in. Call 'em illegals, it's way more accurate.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Progressive

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MPB:
Racist, The word that is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
Overused to the point of becoming meaningless.

I’ll agree with this... there’s only 1 group of people that are ever labeled as “racists” though... i’ll Let you all decide what group that is.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
I am going to try and fix the car today
No. You are going to try TO fix the car

So I decided to trade in my car
I decided to trade....

So is another filler word that adds nothing to the sentence but it's a loosing battle just as saying loosing when you mean losing. Probably one of most misused word on the net

Hey now! Maybe they are going to try AND fix the the car today. You should always try at life everyday :-D

Posts: 1298 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
lately it's "fairness"

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ds1962:
Whatever

Whatever

Posts: 648 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mossyoak1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
" hashtag "

+1

it's a damn pound sign people, it has been for years.

I do get a kick out of the "movements" with it. Like #METOO I just say it how I see it...

Pound Me Too Big Grin

“When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” - Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 471 | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post