SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Three and 1/2 billion smartphones in use. Where're ET and Bigfoot now?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Three and 1/2 billion smartphones in use. Where're ET and Bigfoot now? Login/Join 
Picture of PakRatJR
posted Hide Post
Or....maybe we see them every day and just don't know it??? Big Grin Big Grin

Edit: It took me way too many tries to get a pic of something to actually post....I can't seem to get it to work tho...oh well,I give up Confused Razz

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PakRatJR,

Posts: 483 | Location: Sussex WI | Registered: April 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
While I can't argue the fact that we have never had more access to instant high resolution camera technology, just think about the change in situational awareness.

In the past people tended to be at least somewhat observant to their surroundings. I was a den leader and scoutmaster for quite a few years, particularly in the transition to most kids having a phone or device of some type. They have become (to the greatest percent) completely oblivious to ANYTHING going on around them. When doing nature hikes we had to completely prohibit electronic devices- that is to say- observe and supervise the kids putting their cell phones in their backpacks or else in the care of a scoutmaster until they returned. Otherwise… Additionally, while on nature hikes we have encountered other people walking down a cliffside trail while reading an email and almost walking off of a 100-foot drop. Several scouts actually essentially saved people a number of times from bad falls and accidents while they were "distracted" by electronic media.

So I would have to argue that- yep, it’s certainly true that most people have a camera on them essentially 24 hours a day. But take a moment and watch younger people (who have grown up in the common availability of cell phones/electronic devices) and their usage vs average older person. Most young (say, under 30 people) hardly EVER actually put their phone away. Any type of isolated nature environment also tends to not always present reliable cellular reception so these hipsters won’t be there in the first place…

Bigfoot, ET, ghosts or other critters would have to come up and smack them in the head to distract them from their latest selfie, watching monkey-scratching-butt memes or reading/posting facebook updates. Earbuds/earphones compound the distractions.

So, sorry- having brilliant technology does not automatically enable crystal clear 4k videos/pictures of Elvis, bigfoot or ET.

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Deniers, all of you are deniers.

Next thing you're going to tell me is that McRibs are not healthy. Jeeeeesh!

Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
With all this talk about Bigfoot, EBEs don’t be surprised when Mothman gets his feelings hurt Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Who believes smart phone pics regardless of clarity? When I saw Jurassic Park in the 90s I knew then that tech had advanced enough to negate the belief of anything on a screen again.

Then there's the brain's need for pattern recognition and confirmation bias. Even when the pics aren't falsified, do you think Jesus really shows up in toast sometimes?

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Even when our Government declassifies actual footage like this by Navy Pilots and supposedly verified, the question I'd ask if the Government "IS" actually releasing verified videos of ufo's my guess is that it is one of our deep classified crafts. And if they could convince the public that ufo's actually exist and pose some sort of obvious threat, can you imaging the size of some black budget $$ that they could sink our tax $$ into it? And God knows where those $$ would actually go to?

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Funny you should mention...the guvmint just started a task force to investigate Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (they're called UAPs now, rather than UFOs. No idea why.) Its mission is to "detect, analyze and catalog UAPs that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security."

Findings are currently classified, but this status could change if Congress orders declassification.

Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16304 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
It's because camera lenses don't have the special filters like the glasses in 'They Live'.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
Silly me. All I had to do was a search-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina:
Funny you should mention...the guvmint just started a task force to investigate Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (they're called UAPs now, rather than UFOs. No idea why.) Its mission is to "detect, analyze and catalog UAPs that could potentially pose a threat to U.S. national security."

Findings are currently classified, but this status could change if Congress orders declassification.

Unidentified Aerial Phenomena Task Force

Kevin, I'd guess after the Pentagon closed the doors on Elizondo's ATIP program in 2012, that $23 million had to go somewhere, so another program is started. It's my guess as long as the public has an interest in ufo's or uap's, they will likely always find the $$ for another program, going back to early ones like Blue Book being one of the longest running and prolific ones.

$23 million is just however a drop in the bucket compared to what they could generate if they could gin up the public with a little fear and panic by publicly admitting that some kind of real threat exists. And by releasing footage or leaking classified info that substantiate that fact would be a deal sealer.

If we were in fact being visited, my guess is that they would like stay at arm's length from this small rock and closely monitor and/or limit us from spreading throughout the galaxy until we grow up a bit. In the scheme of things we're relatively young if compared to races or beings that have already concurred space travel throughout the galaxy, and if they'd ever perceive us as a threat, we'd be in for quite a battle. The Day the Earth Stood Still comes to mind Smile

Additionally another reminder by R. Reagon's speech to the UN in Sept 87
"I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by kkina:

Additionally another reminder by R. Reagon's speech to the UN in Sept 87
"I occasionally think how quickly our differences, worldwide, would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world"

Documentaries like "Independence Day" and "Battleship" lend credence to that idea.

Posts: 15880 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post