SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Posts in threads that do not contribute to the thread
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Posts in threads that do not contribute to the thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Posting useless responses don't be like it is but it do.

Posts: 324 | Location: GA | Registered: August 05, 2006Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
This is the Internet. Expecting people to conform to your values is like teaching a pig to sing: It doesn't work and it annoys the pig.

Plus, the general rule I adhere to is that anything past the third page has strayed so far from the original topic that I just tend to ignore them.

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Report This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
after I win this lottery ,
I will be contacting Para about paying for the addition of a switch to his computer system.

This switch would allow members that he selects, to adjust the threads that they open ,
so as to delete unwelcome or perverse posts.

just like now we can hide people we don't want to read , via the ignore feature.

example :
I start a thread about a movie,
and after four posts, someone offers a post to the thread that is neither appreciated or relevant. I would then be able to prune that post , w/o alerting the Sig Forum owners /operators.

poof its just gone.

but only people who start the thread can prune the thread
The Hide Post feature more or less accomplishes the same thing.
Not really. The Hide Post feature hides it from your own view, but other people can still see it. Bendable wants to be able to remove a post completely, from a thread that he has started.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
I really want to comment in this thread, but I have nothing to say. I'll give it a think and post again later.

be sure to quote yourself,

Big Grin

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10410 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Explain how fracking has crashed the price of ethane and it’s effect on the production of plastics in the global marketplace.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:...
Plus, the general rule I adhere to is that anything past the third page has strayed so far from the original topic that I just tend to ignore them.

Wait. There are strays in the cat thread?

To bendable's dilemma, if you were a mod you would have that privilege/ability to edit/remove such posts.

But this is a busy place, and you would be up to your neck in editing.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
And then there are people who don't read the OP.

Somebody starts a thread, titled "After lots of research I finally bought a Ford 150, picking it up this weekend!"

Inevitably somewhere in the thread will be a post recommending he consider a Ram or Chevy. Or that he should hold off until the new models arrive.

But it does increase their post count....

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1487 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Report This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fau:
Who?

This.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LimaCharlie:
Glock 19

LMAO ! Big Grin

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
They say I’m the song bird of my generation.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Another thing that is terrible is all the plastic straws in the ocean.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I’ll have the the chicken salad sandwich.

Posts: 6955 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Report This Post