SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Misogynoir
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Misogynoir Login/Join 
Picture of Ripley
posted
It's a chore keeping woke with the cool kids, here's the word of the day - Misogynoir.

Misogynoir is an intersectionality term that refers to the misogyny directed towards black women in particular. So now you know the next time you hear it which you surely will. Mad

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Somebody who tells me that would receive this response, “Please take your right thumb and place it your mouth, take your left thumb and put it up your ass, when I say switch, switch thumbs.” That is if the snowflake comes near me, most avoid me. I have limited social skills and my wokeness is lacking.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
Somebody who tells me that would receive this response, “Please take your right thumb and place it your mouth, take your left thumb and put it up your ass, when I say switch, switch thumbs.” That is if the snowflake comes near me, most avoid me. I have limited social skills and my wokeness is lacking.

Substitute "non-existent" for "lacking" and we could be clones.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
When political correctness started, I made a New Year's resolution to never be politically correct and I've succeeded beyond my wildest expectations.

I'm doing the exact same thing with "woke" which is undoubtedly coined by people who read, write and speak with all the ability of a 5 year old.

Awakened would be more proper use of the language, but the diametric opposite of what "woke" people think they are.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Black chicks are getting pretty sensitive I guess. Tell em they'd be a lot happier if they'd just calm down and make some sammiches.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most of the people that scream misogyny have no idea what it really means . They use the term incorrectly .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Gee, I was hoping this would be the category of dark crime movies in which women are belittled and disrespected until they get a gun and come after the son of a bitch. Please list titles.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
I’m with Spunk and PhPaul. I lost my filter a while ago and now I have lost my mouth brake. I’ll tell people to GF themselves in a heartbeat over any of the “woke” crap.
In a similar vein I refuse to allow them to direct the narrative. As an example I refuse to refer to that whackadoodle that was just confirmed as assistant secretary of health and human services as “she”. It’s a HE! I was watching Newsmax the day after the confirmation. They had a panel discussing it. Every damn one of them referred to him as “she” except a black female, retired Marine I believe, who repeatedly referred to him properly as he!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Syngin1066
posted Hide Post
We as a society have had it too good for too long. These “people” who have had every opportunity in life, everything handed to them, who have never faced actual adversity make up new and ever unique ways to be the victim and in turn feel special. I got into an argument with someone the other day who was going on and on about oppression in America and I calmly mentioned the following: access to clean water, electricity, indoor plumbing, K-12 education, easy access to food and transportation.....yep, we are the poster children for oppression.

We live in a county where a refugee who stood a good chance of being mutilated or killed became a congresswoman. As much as I dispose her politics, she is the American dream, even if she doesn’t want to acknowledge it.

All I've had all day is like six gummy bears and some scotch...

Posts: 4851 | Location: Celina, TX | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post