SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Itching/burning skin with pretty much zero redness or rash for over a week now!!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Itching/burning skin with pretty much zero redness or rash for over a week now!! Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Great googly moogly! Just call me Captain Cortisone Cream!
Tops of my feet, ankles, between my legs, stomach, chest, and under my chin have been itching and burning for over a week now.
No rash, no bumps, very little redness, no dry flakes nothing but itching and burning.
Lots of cortisone with no real help, Gold Bond powder in the green bottle between the legs.
Seems to be worse at night. Not sure if it actually is or just because I am laying in bed and not thinking of much else.
Man, I just want to scratch and scratch while it feels better at that moment it is far worse after scratching.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chiggers? Try a cloth dampened in white vinegar.
Might help with the itching & burning.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Yeeeaah...about the other night, Black...we need to talk.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17245 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New laundry soap? Softener? Something in your sheets? Bedbugs?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I think these guys are on to something. Something new in your environment may be the culprit.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Chiggers? Try a cloth dampened in white vinegar.
Might help with the itching & burning.

I’ll take chiggers over this any day.

quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
New laundry soap? Softener? Something in your sheets? Bedbugs?

No one else has the itchies. Only new thing we came up with is I started using a new soap that I got for Christmas weeks ago. I have quit using that and went back to an old soap I have used a ton of.
Been a few days and no change though I will give it a few more days.

————————————————

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
These were the symptoms I had during the onset of shingles. Where these issues are popping up on you don't seem to be the typical area for shingles. Chest, back, ribs...yeah. Feet, ankles, legs? Not so much.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9676 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Are you on any allergy meds or histamine blockers?

If yes, those could be preventing full outward signs/symptoms. Might be worth skipping a dose?

If no, take an over the counter allergy med and see if things clear up.

You may now have an allergy that you didn't previously have. When allergy season kicks in, the top of my feet itch when shoes are taken off. Scratching it spreads the histamines then legs and chest get itchy.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Perhaps as simple as dried skin? Is your humidifier working?

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
Are you on any allergy meds or histamine blockers?

If yes, those could be preventing full outward signs/symptoms. Might be worth skipping a dose?

If no, take an over the counter allergy med and see if things clear up.

You may now have an allergy that you didn't previously have. When allergy season kicks in, the top of my feet itch when shoes are taken off. Scratching it spreads the histamines then legs and chest get itchy.

I do not take allergy meds.
My wife suggested this morning I take an antihistamine. So I did. Today seemed to be better than the past though was pretty active today and was not paying much attention. We’ll see how tonight goes.

————————————————

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Do you have cats?

Cat scratch fever is real

Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Do you have cats?

Big Grin

And he's a vet, right?

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you wear white socks and underwear, see if you have changed laundry chemicals recently, or the ingredients have changed. I had a similar problem years ago and switched to an unscented laundry detergent and the problem went away.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Do you have cats?

Big Grin
And he's a vet, right?
Isn't he a cop?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Sounds like it might be time to see a dermatologist.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Cholinergic Urticaria. Heat or sweat induced hives. What you are describing is the feeling of histamine release from the mast cells in your skin. You will often feel the itching/burning first without any outward appearance of actual hives.

It can be brought on by allergies to foods, medications such as NSAIDs, or even just chronic stress. It's worse in the winter dry months due to the neurological link between the sweat glands and mast cells in your skin (they are right next to each other). Anything that would normally cause a sweat response (physical activity, laughing, being surprised, etc.) can cause the burning/itching.

If a normal OTC anti-histamine doesn't help, and it get's progressively worse, ask your Dr to prescribe you regular Prednisone for a week. Prednisone is a mast cell stabilizer and will provide relief. Methylprednisolone which is often prescribed instead does not work nearly as well for this case.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
quote:
Do you have cats?

Big Grin
And he's a vet, right?
Isn't he a cop?

It’s a reference to a thread about veterinarians having higher suicide rates. One veterinarian was despondent after getting cat scratch fever.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take some pics of the rash. And start looking on the internet. Better yet see a dermatologist. I have had fungal infections misdiagnosed by my internist. Dermatologist immediately said it was something else.

You are a cop, God knows what you were exposed to. LOL

Posts: 17176 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I read this post the other day and have been thinking about it a lot. I hesitated to post this, and really hope this is not what you have and probably don’t, but keep this in the back of your mind. Hodgkin's Lymphoma.

Let me explain further. About 8-9 years ago my best friend who was in his late 30’s at the time, was constantly complaining about intense itching and never had any rash either. This went on for about 9-12 months before he was diagnosed. Before he was diagnosed with Hodgkin’s he went to see internal doctors, dermatologists, an industrial allergist, etc... Nobody had a clue what was causing it until later on when his white blood cell count was really starting to rise. Finally the right person saw his blood work and got him the help he needed. In the initial 6-8 months itching was the only symptom. He got chemo followed by radiation and had been cancer free ever since.

Again, I’m sure this is not what you have, but my friend wasted almost a whole year with doctors that completely dismissed him and his symptoms. After he was finally diagnosed, and looking at all his symptoms as a whole, it was easy to see the diagnosis of Hodgkin’s. I wish I could have read something like this during his time of need though.

Posts: 219 | Registered: June 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Taking an antihistamine daily, stopped using the soap, am getting a touch better.
Cortisone and other reading says can take 2 weeks to remedy.
Hopefully we are getting close.

marc I read about the lymphoma and it does sit at the back of the brain. Going to give it a bit more before heading to the doctor.
Though I recently had a bout with a NASTY two week GI bug so I just had tons of blood and fecal labs and everything was good to go. So not too worried about that being the issue.

————————————————