SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People who refuse to wait their turn in on/off ramps
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
People who refuse to wait their turn in on/off ramps Login/Join 
Picture of dEX_RX
posted
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that enrages me more than those douche nozzles who will consciously bomb down the left lane, while the right lane is backed up due to traffic and volume, and then cut over 2-3 lanes of traffic and make their own lane onto the on/off ramp.

Similarly those who will scream down the breakdown lane on an on-ramp to get 2 cars further up.

YOURE THE EXACT REASON THIS SHIT SUCKS IN THE FIRST PLACE. ITS YOUR FAULT YOURE LATE AND GETTING 2 CARS AHEAD ISNT GONNA SAVE YOU BRO!

Get in line. Wait your turn.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Very true. See it more often than I'd care to.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yup...just more of the "ME ME ME" and entitlement crowd that thinks getting in line LIKE EVERYONE ELSE is too good for them. I used to be nice and let them in, but I pinch them off now.....screw them. If they don't have the brain cells to plan ahead KNOWING the exit ramp backs up in morning rush hour traffic, then they don't need to be on the road.

Note: I managed to post that without using some form or spelling of the f-word. Cool

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I hear ya. Just got passed this morning on an on ramp from I-94 to US23. How rude of me to leave a couple seconds of braking distance in the rain. Please, after you.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Travel often.....rental cars have exponentially increased my "don't give a Phuq" level with letting others try to squeeze in.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep! And in my 70-80 thousand pound truck, I try to leave enough space to be safe.
But nooo!! 3 or 4 four wheelers fly up and cut in front of me, then hit thier brakes!
They have no idea.
They cut in front of me with ten feet to spare.
if the idiot in front of them slams on thier brakes for whatever reason, well, they gotta lotta balls!!
Im a orderen me a dash cam tonight

Posts: 952 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Report This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
I'm looking into maybe getting a dash cam just so I can show people what happens on a regular basis, instead of having to try and explain it.

One of my favorites is people on an on-ramp that slow down and hit their brakes while trying to merge into traffic doing twice their speed.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Report This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kx90:
I'm looking into maybe getting a dash cam just so I can show people what happens on a regular basis, instead of having to try and explain it.

One of my favorites is people on an on-ramp that slow down and hit their brakes while trying to merge into traffic doing twice their speed.

Amen! Only the most incredibly stupid people SLOW DOWN to merge with highway traffic. It boggles my mind.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Been thinking the same thing for many years. Good Post OP.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Report This Post
...and now here's Al
with the Weather.
Picture of guardianangel762
posted Hide Post
There is something called the zipper that people need to do according to engineering.

Link

The people merging from the left have part of the idea.

Posts: 9018 | Location: Lake Stevens, WA | Registered: March 20, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by guardianangel762:
There is something called the zipper that people need to do according to engineering.

Link

true, but this doesn't sound applicable to the zipper merge.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link

I agree with you on this so much! But...we have this thread about every 3 to 6 months and the "zipper merge" proponents get pummeled; so I gave up trying to fight it. That said, I am the guy who will drive down the lane and weasel my way in at the sign that says "merge now", I'm not going to begin lining up a half-mile back just because everyone else does.

Flame away, I can take it. And the freeking Department of Transportation has got to the point in Minnesota they are running commercials on how to do it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of dEX_RX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:

Link

I agree with you on this so much! But...we have this thread about every 3 to 6 months and the "zipper merge" proponents get pummeled; so I gave up trying to fight it. That said, I am the guy who will drive down the lane and weasel my way in at the sign that says "merge now", I'm not going to begin lining up a half-mile back just because everyone else does.

Flame away, I can take it. And the freeking Department of Transportation has got to the point in Minnesota they are running commercials on how to do it.

I just gave you the finger.

I feel better now. Don't expect me to let you in next time.

NXGen Tactical
CZ P-09 MHS Trials #79 | P320RX-TSS | P320SCR | VP9 LE

Posts: 110 | Location: Central Mass | Registered: January 30, 2017Report This Post
Picture of 81chop
posted Hide Post
That happens so much around here. All I can really do is mutter "dumb-ass".

quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
Yep! And in my 70-80 thousand pound truck, I try to leave enough space to be safe.
But nooo!! 3 or 4 four wheelers fly up and cut in front of me, then hit thier brakes!
They have no idea.
They cut in front of me with ten feet to spare.
if the idiot in front of them slams on thier brakes for whatever reason, well, they gotta lotta balls!!
Im a orderen me a dash cam tonight

This kind of bothers me and I don't even drive a semi. The way I see it, you are much bigger than me, so I keep my distance when possible. If I'm in the left lane and my exit is coming up, I'll slow down and get behind the truck. What do you gain by cutting off a truck, maybe 10 seconds at most?

I get so sick of the me, me, me crap on the highways. If I'm late getting somewhere, I should've left a couple minutes earlier.

Posts: 110 | Location: Central WI | Registered: March 22, 2015Report This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The offenses posted in the OP are quadrupled when combined with the fact that nobody in this county understands what turn signals are for.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Report This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I was one of the guys who piped up in the 18 wheeler thread, but I gotta give some of those guys full credit here: I LOVE IT when the big rigs are kinda splitting the lane to prevent the last second douchenozzles from sprinting up and jumping in. Super entertaining when you've nothing else to do but wait for the half mile lane to move, already.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dEX_RX:
quote:
quote:

Link

I just gave you the finger.

I feel better now. Don't expect me to let you in next time.

LOL - and I resisted the urge to wave because I don't want your pissed-off ass following me home. I'll leave it at that for now as I promised myself I was not going to get into this argument again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The "zipper method" works when there are LANE CLOSURES, as in two lanes are slowly moving and every other car merges into the open lane. It's not...repeat...NOT intended for being an inconsiderate selfish ass when others are lined up and PLANNED AHEAD to exit onto an off ramp with the next lane of traffic zooming by.

When one zooms up to the "beginning" of the line and tries to ease their selfish ass in, they're causing a MASSIVE traffic hazard for the cars behind them that are moving at posted speeds. THAT...is what causes accidents and multiple lanes of traffic to start slowing down instead of just the one lane that's exiting.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Link

I don't think this applies to what the OP is bitching about.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Report This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Let me just toss this in here too. A turn lane is also known as a deceleration lane as well, turn on turn signal before slamming on the brakes, while you're at it just decelerate in the turn lane instead of before when distance allows it. The merge lane is also referred to as an acceleration lane, accelerate there prior to attempting to merge.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post