SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    USPS- delivery delayed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

USPS- delivery delayed Login/Join 
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted
I realize it is the Christmas season, but come on! The package was supposed to arrive on the 14th and it probably would have if it didn't take them five days to send it 50 miles from the Houston origin facility to the North Houston Distribution center, only to be returned 50 miles to the Houston origin facility before continuing on.

I've seen instances where a package goes to a distribution center that is farther away before it circles around in my direction. This is the first time a package was sent back from whence it came before it continued on.

December 18, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility
Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility

December 16, 2018, 9:23 pm
Departed USPS Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032

December 16, 2018, 11:06 am
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032

December 14, 2018, 1:00 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
NORTH HOUSTON TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER

December 11, 2018, 8:59 pm
Arrived at USPS Origin Facility
HOUSTON, TX 77032

December 11, 2018, 6:07 pm
Departed Post Office
LIVINGSTON, TX 77351

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mom works for the post office out here. When she tells me stories about how they operate it’s nuts. You’d think for an operation that’s been around as long as they have they would have their stuff together, they don’t.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back in Black
posted Hide Post
They have been awful this year. I have had a package sitting at a post office in the city next door since 12/7. It is now scheduled to be delivered on the 20th. I ordered it on the 4th!

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
I've had it happen as well but complaining alone doesn't change anything. It happens with USPS, UPS and FEDEX. You have to expect it this time of year and especially with the crazy ass storms that have occurred this year.

If I mail a parcel/letter to someone within my mountain home town, it goes 100+ miles south to a metro Phoenix hub to be "processed", then returned to my hometown main USPS branch to be "sorted", then to the USPS branch of the zip code, then out for delivery. Inefficient and (critical) time consuming.

When I order something I want ASAP, I look at shipping options when USPS is the default shipping option. I like that USPS is usually less expensive and granted USPS is usually 2-3 days Priority, but it only takes one time when it's not delivered on time and I'm frustrated. I wanted it when 'promised' and I want it now. So I try to find shipping options. If the vendor doesn't offer options, I have a choice to make.

Yeah it inevitably may cost me more, but what's the value of my frustration?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: az4783054,

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post