SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the dog pictures
Page 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the dog pictures Login/Join 
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/NPvzFoe6-WE

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 15590 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/l7op92W7voE

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 15590 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post

Got to see some pups that are going into a mobility assist program. Newfoundland/Lab mix. Training starts at 3 days old. Pretty interesting.

Posts: 1207 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^Awwwwwww.

Nothin' on this planet cuter than a puppy.

Wait...three days or three weeks? Not sure their eyes are open at 3 days.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 10777 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
^^^Awwwwwww.

Yup - 3 days. I asked and was told they start introducing minor "stressors" at 3 days. Hold them in different positions for 5 seconds to introduce a slight amount of stress. Was told this was similar to military puppy training and that the early "stress" gave them the ability to learn more over time (I probably mangled that). I found it very interesting.

ETA: It was called "Bio-Sensor" training. Based on the results this place has for training service dogs, there must be something to it.

Posts: 1207 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Huh. Learned something new.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 10777 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20728 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bunch of savages
in this town
Picture of ASKSmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
^^^Awwwwwww.

Yup - 3 days. I asked and was told they start introducing minor "stressors" at 3 days. Hold them in different positions for 5 seconds to introduce a slight amount of stress. Was told this was similar to military puppy training and that the early "stress" gave them the ability to learn more over time (I probably mangled that). I found it very interesting.

ETA: It was called "Bio-Sensor" training. Based on the results this place has for training service dogs, there must be something to it.

I have a friend who is looking into something like this. My friend suffered a stroke, and his equilibrium is off. He's a tall guy, and needs a tall dog. He should find out shortly if he gets a new pup.

-----------------
I apologize now...

Posts: 9836 | Registered: December 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5417 | Location: Portland, OR | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

A LIBERAL IS A MAN WHO WILL GIVE AWAY EVERY THING HE DOESN'T OWN.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

A LIBERAL IS A MAN WHO WILL GIVE AWAY EVERY THING HE DOESN'T OWN.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20728 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

I taught my dog to fetch beer. I found out dog teeth can punch right through aluminum cans, and my dog likes beer.

Posts: 453 | Location: North East Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

My Brittany to a tee

Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul.

Help, I'm having premonitions of future flashbacks.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

Some people listen to the noise of the world,
And some people listen to the quiet.

Posts: 9472 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

https://youtu.be/Fw3MdwjPyHA

coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
He’s always happy to see my daughter (she volunteers three days a week at the pound).

Not minority enough!

Posts: 5665 | Location: South of Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post