Enough with the dog pictures

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/6380001014

February 20, 2018, 05:57 PM
Sailor1911
Enough with the dog pictures
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
That one just to the left of Scooby Doo - I cultivated a laugh just like his...

And after I read this I laughed just like that! ;-)

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016
February 20, 2018, 07:40 PM
BamaJeepster
Our little Gunner Buns...

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
February 21, 2018, 09:55 AM
Z06
^That is the coolest dog.^

February 21, 2018, 12:05 PM
BamaJeepster
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
^That is the coolest dog.^

Thank you! He is super smart and extremely loyal and loving.

Here he was as a puppy - around 9 weeks old:

Here he is waiting patiently for his brother to finish his schoolwork (I had to sneak the picture thru a doorway):

He loves playing ball - to the point where when we let him have it inside and no one is playing with him, he will go to the top of the stairs, set it down and then nudge it with his nose and run down ahead of it to the landing and catch it and then repeat - he will do that for hours if you let him. He will also play by letting me go stand on the landing and he will nudge it and I will catch it and toss it up to him and vice versa - I'll stand up top, roll it down the stairs and he will bring it to me, drop and nudge it to me and then run down to the landing and wait for me to push it down the stairs. He's hilarious.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams
February 21, 2018, 12:34 PM
PHPaul
Is that a Blue Heeler, Bama?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.
February 21, 2018, 12:46 PM
BamaJeepster
quote:
Is that a Blue Heeler, Bama?

Yes, he is a true blue Smile

- John Adams
February 21, 2018, 02:04 PM
PHPaul
Thanks, thought it might be.

Is that coat as wiry as it looks?

February 21, 2018, 05:44 PM
BamaJeepster
quote:
Thanks, thought it might be.

Is that coat as wiry as it looks?

It's fairly coarse, not really wiry. He has such a dense undercoat it makes it kind of soft. He is built like a tank and is very tough and strong. They were bred to be able to work cattle all day in all weather conditions and terrain. I've heard stories of cattle dogs being kicked in the head and stepped on and hopping right back up and continuing to work. I believe those stories to be completely true.

- John Adams
February 22, 2018, 06:38 AM
Chowser
Our new police dog, Bosco

Not minority enough!
February 22, 2018, 06:54 AM
BamaJeepster
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Our new police dog, Bosco

He's too cute to be a police dog!!! How could you resist petting him?

- John Adams
February 23, 2018, 05:29 PM
side_shot
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

i had a dog raised by ferrets lol

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

February 24, 2018, 08:24 AM
senza nome

This thread needs a picture of Captain.
February 25, 2018, 07:10 AM
Orguss

https://youtu.be/NPvzFoe6-WE

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
February 25, 2018, 07:18 AM
Orguss

https://youtu.be/l7op92W7voE

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"
February 27, 2018, 03:45 PM
ShouldBFishin

Got to see some pups that are going into a mobility assist program. Newfoundland/Lab mix. Training starts at 3 days old. Pretty interesting.
February 27, 2018, 03:51 PM
PHPaul
^^^Awwwwwww.

Nothin' on this planet cuter than a puppy.

Wait...three days or three weeks? Not sure their eyes are open at 3 days.

February 27, 2018, 04:00 PM
ShouldBFishin
quote:
^^^Awwwwwww.

Yup - 3 days. I asked and was told they start introducing minor "stressors" at 3 days. Hold them in different positions for 5 seconds to introduce a slight amount of stress. Was told this was similar to military puppy training and that the early "stress" gave them the ability to learn more over time (I probably mangled that). I found it very interesting.

ETA: It was called "Bio-Sensor" training. Based on the results this place has for training service dogs, there must be something to it.
February 27, 2018, 04:55 PM
PHPaul
Huh. Learned something new.

March 02, 2018, 07:10 PM
egregore

March 03, 2018, 01:40 AM
ASKSmith
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:
quote:
^^^Awwwwwww.

Yup - 3 days. I asked and was told they start introducing minor "stressors" at 3 days. Hold them in different positions for 5 seconds to introduce a slight amount of stress. Was told this was similar to military puppy training and that the early "stress" gave them the ability to learn more over time (I probably mangled that). I found it very interesting.

ETA: It was called "Bio-Sensor" training. Based on the results this place has for training service dogs, there must be something to it.

I have a friend who is looking into something like this. My friend suffered a stroke, and his equilibrium is off. He's a tall guy, and needs a tall dog. He should find out shortly if he gets a new pup.

-----------------
I apologize now...