SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My letter carrier FAILS to pick up mail
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My letter carrier FAILS to pick up mail Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AZSigs:
I guess I'm lucky. I know the UPS, FedEx and mailman personally, and by name. The UPS and Fed EX drivers will come to deliver guns and ammunition and if I'm not home they will voluntarily come back a second time later to get the packages to me. I couldn't ask for better customer service.

This is the way my ups guy is... he’s awesome.. unfortunately 90% of people ship Fedex. Fedex has 2 different people, air and ground, my air person is a real tool he won’t even ring my “ring doorbell” so at least I know I missed him he ALWAYS knocks... and my ground person switches it seems like monthly so I never get to know them. If I miss a package I have no problem going to get it and that’s never a problem with Fedex air or ups they return everything at 6p and their hubs are open for pickup between 7-730 so when I miss a package because I work during the day it’s easy to go pick up. The ground people ALWAYS deliver 3 times even if I tell them I won’t be home and they return their packages in the morning and I can’t go get it in the morning so I HAVE to wait the 3 times they miss me then they’ll finally hold it for me to pick up.

Posts: 1301 | Location: Arizona | Registered: January 31, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SAC trained killer
Picture of Ricardokid11
posted Hide Post
Each and every time that I go to my local Post Office, I'm reminded why someone would go "postal". These people are all grumpy, rude, unenthusiastic, trolls! I don't know how they ever got hired! And our local carrier has changed as many times as the weather. I get others mail at least three times a week, which I then deliver myself!

" May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am".

Posts: 2083 | Location: Glen Allen, VA. | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people who deliver or pick up mail are not really employees of the post office but are like a contractor. They have no benefits or retirement like govt employees and mailmen.
Since the hiring of a lot of those, the post office has sunk to a new low. We get other peoples mail regularly and suspect others get ours, which we never get back. We always either stick the wrong mail back in the box or take it to the right house.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember when you had to know someone & or be a vet to get in at the USPS. It was a good job to have, now, not so much.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post